It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 9, Book 09


You can't always get what you want.
But if you try sometimes,
You just might find
You get what you need.

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards ("You Can't Always Get What You Want")

GOOD MORNING !

Most of my life I think I’ve been trying to accomplish things. I guess most of us are like that. We started out with the little things as children and as we grew somehow the things we needed to do seemed to grow into bigger and bigger things.

It is so true that we never get anywhere without trying something new. Today our world changes so fast it is often hard to keep up. There are some new things I don’t think I’ll try, but you never know.

If I didn’t have something untried on the horizon, maybe life would be very dull, but I’ve never reached that point yet. Life has always been full of new and wondrous things to me.

I used to think that as some point in my life I could just sit back and relax and enjoy watching the world go round. I really doubt that this is ever going to happen. And I don’t really think that is a bad thing at all.


TODAY’S THOUGHT



Expect the people you love to be better.
It helps them to become better.
But don't get upset when they fail.
It helps them keep trying

Anonymous

7 comments:

Hollie said...

It would be wonderful if the weather permitted you stay year round at the campsite watching the world go round. :0) Of course, I sure would miss you!

Kathy said...

Oh I do hope you get to sit and watch the world go by, even for a little while. Maybe an hour or so when you are at your camper. I like the new picture in your header.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

When you just sit and watch..the world seems to stop....you've gott'a get out there and live life ...learm all you can and do the things you enjoy!!

Live it up!!!....LindaMay

Cindi ;) said...

I usually get want I want every morning*****COFFEE***** cuz I NEED IT....lol
hope your day goes by nicely!
xoxox

scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree with you. When you sit and watch, it's wonderful. When you learn all you can it's wonderful too. It's what we make it. I want both!!

Sybil said...

Sorry Ma, I seemed to have missed yesterdays entry. Love the new photo up top. What a wondderful place to spend your weekends. Princess sure made a good looking plate of food....as she so rightly said...it's all in the colour Grandma !! I do think that we have all be very much deprived of the sun this past winter and we have to grab every bit that comes our way now...We had a glorious week last week, however this week we are back to the usual dull and grey days...Here's hoping the summer comes ack again soon.
Love Sybil xx

a corgi said...

I enjoy watching the world go round and people watching, but I also enjoy getting up and doing some fun things too; its good to find that perfect balance :)

betty