It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 08, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 8, Book 09


The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely,or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.
Anne Frank

GOOD MORNING !
The weather this past weekend certainly soothed this tired old body. The days were sunny and I soaked up as much sunshine as I could. Sooner or later I keep thinking I’ll finally make up for what was lost during winter and start building up a surplus for the next winter ahead. Can one do such a thing???
Maybe I put too much importance on fresh air and sunshine, but having had to spend half the year indoors with very little of either one, I cannot begin to tell you what a difference it makes to me.
Last week we had rain and clouds most every day until Friday and then as if the good Lord knew we’d had enough, the sun came out and blessed us the entire weekend.
It’s back to work today and it will be a 5-day work week. After having 2 four day work weeks in a row, I’m sure this will seem like a long one. However the days are warmer and the hours of sunlight longer now so maybe it won’t be too bad after all.
I owe, I owe,
It’s off to work I go!
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station,through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will but listen.
George Washington Carver
‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

What a great looking weekend! That meal your g'daughter came up with looked delicious as well as that dessert. Mmmmmm Thanks for sharing your pictures. I always enjoy seeing them:0)

scrappy quilter said...

You are so right, we all need fresh air and sunshine. I know I feel a whole lot better when I can get outside. Our weather hasn't been to condusive to that though. Instead we've been reading. It comes a close second. Hugs and have a wonderful week.

Cindi ;) said...

beautiful pics as always...enjoyable weekend...again...lovely..thx for sharing

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend ~ I am so glad you were blessed with Sunshine ~ Ally x

a corgi said...

those stepping stones you made looked like a neat idea to do as a family craft! loved the food; those brownies looked heavenly, scrumptiously delicious!!

so neat that the sun was out and you could enjoy a nice warm weekend with family :)

betty

Linda :) said...

So glad you had another wonderful weekend at Camp Rainey... Love all the new pictures on your sidebar and those stepping stones were so very clever....
Have a good week!! :)

Joan said...

What a wonderful place to be able to spend the summer weekends and great for all the children too. Charge you batteries for the winter . Love Joan

Sonya said...

Glad you had plenty of sunshine! Hope the work week is going well. I'm enjoying a lunch of blog reading instead of studying. he he

Pat said...

These pictures made me nostalgic
for the lake. I wouldn't trade my
camping memories for anything of
equal value. So glad my kids
had that good clean fun and family
bonding. Enjoy, enjoy!