It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 09




Be grateful for the kindly friends that walk along your way;
Be grateful for the skies of blue that smile from day to day;
Be grateful for the health you own, the work you find to do,
For round about you there are men less fortunate than you.
Be grateful for the growing trees, the roses soon to bloom,
The tenderness of kindly hearts that shared your days of gloom;
Be grateful for the morning dew, the grass beneath your feet,
The soft caresses of your babes and all their laughter sweet.
Acquire the grateful habit, learn to see how blest you are,
How much there is to gladden life, how little life to mar!
And what if rain shall fall today and you with grief are sad;
Be grateful that you can recall the joys that you have had.
Edgar Guest
GOOD MORNING !
Can you still remember one of the really good times of your life? A time that you were ready to burst you were so filled with joy? I still can and I am so grateful that I can do just that. Every time I get the urge to have a pity party I am reminded of the many things I can do and am blessed with.


You know there are people in the world that cannot remember and memory loss is something that we are hearing more and more about these days. I’m not talking about forgetting where on earth you put something. I’m talking about forgetting where you live and the people that you live with. Yes, if we can remember, we are blessed.
I’ve read a lot of Edgar Guests poems and he comes second on my list of poets. Helen Steiner Rice is the first on the list. I haven’t quoted her lately, but I have done so quite a bit in the past.
I’ll be off now for a 3 day weekend at the campsite. I’ll be making more of those wonderful memories I’m sure. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that when you are down and out – count those blessings!
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Of cheerfulness, or a good temper – the more it is spent, the more of it remains.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

‘On Ya’-ma

11 comments:

Hollie said...

You are right memories are a good thing. I hope you have another wonderful weekend at the campsite, & I know you will. Enjoy that extra day!

Hugs

Angie said...

My late grandma (Big Grandma, as we knew her)suffered just such memory loss starting at about 50 yrs old. It got progressively worse and was terrible to see for us kids but I think it was the right thing that we were taken to see her after she went into a nursing home. I'm older now than she was when her mind started to wander and I never ever take it for grantd that I'll wake up tomorrow with everything in the same order it is today.

Enjoy your camp trip!

love, Angie, xx

Sugar said...

so sad, those that have lost their memories. my mom was one.
have a lovely wkend.
huggies...

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Ohhhh...we just had a conversation here at work about looking to the"good times!" and remembering the "JOY".....

Enjoy.....LindaMay

a corgi said...

enjoy your 3-day weekend! I would hope I never lose my memory; if I had the choice between losing my physical health or memories, I would chose physical. To be able to remember family and other loved ones and the good times as well as the bad times would be a gift I don't want to lose. I liked the poem; a lot of good content in it to help be content with our lives :)

"see you" Monday.

betty

Rose said...

Enjoy your weekend and create more memories!

Hugs, Rose

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love your new header. Hope you and your grandchildren have a fun weekend ahead.
Take care,
Cassie

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so thankful I still have wonderful memories. it's so sad to see when someone has lost their memory.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

Ally Lifewithally said...

I know you will make more Happy Memories to store for the future ~ Allyx

Sonya said...

I think most ALL of my memories have something to do with traveling! ha!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm enjoying those side bar pictures. Dd's dog is so cute with the paws crossed!

Guess what! I finished my MBA. Done!

Joyful Days said...

Praying that you are having lots of fun & sun. The memory issue is very near & dear for me due to a loved one right now. Nothing big...just little, thankfully. But good words to remember.

(())

Julie