It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 09


Shine little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer

Shine little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer

Lead us lest too far we wander

Love's sweet voice is calling yonder

Shine little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer

Hey there, don't get dimmer, dimmer

Light the path below, above

And lead us on to love!

Glow little glow-worm, fly of fire

Glow like an in-can-des-cent wire

Glow for the female of the species

Turn on the AC and the DC

This night could use a little brightnin'

Light up you little ol' bug of lightnin'

When you gotta glow, you gotta glow.

Glow little glow-worm, glow

Glow little glow-worm, glow and glimmer

Swim through the sea of night, little swimmer

Thou ae-ro-nau-ti-cal boll weevil

Illuminate yon woods primeval

See how the shadows deep and darken

You and your chick should get to sparkin'

I got a gal that I love so

Glow little glow-worm, glow!

(a little music - and finally)

Shine little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer

Hey there, don't get dimmer, dimmer

Light the path below, above

And lead us on to love!

GOOD MORNING

Can you believe it is the last day of June already? July and the lazy hazy days of summer will upon us. Soon we’ll be having Christmas in July in the field in front of my camper. The fireflies have returned to put on another Summer light show every evening for all of us to enjoy. I have even sat in my chair at the campfire and looked up at the trees and saw them twinkling in the tree tops.

They will be our natural fire works for the 4TH of July. The grand‘babes’ love to run around catching them and watching their little containers light up. Of course we always let them go before the evening is over. Nature just provides so much entertainment that I’m so thankful I get to enjoy it.


Lightning bugs, like many of God’s creatures do have a purpose after all. They are a reminder of a creative God who loves us so much, He'd even paint the rear end of a bug ...


Just to see us smile....

Thought for Today


Anytime of the year can feel like Christmas if you have love in your heart and light in your soul.

Joseph Marzella


‘On Ya’ - ma

8 comments:

Angie said...

A lovely read, Ma! I don't thikn we have freflies here. It all puts me in mind of that film "Summer Magic".

BlueRidge Boomer said...

sometimes it's like my own "electric light show" up here in the tree tops......i love the lightning bugs.....so small .....so beautiful.....always make you smile!!

Enjoy.....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

I remember as a child watching fireflies. We don't have them where I live now and I truly miss not having them here for the kids to watch. Have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

I hadn't heard that glow worm song in years; it was cute to read along with it; I honestly don't think we have fireflies here in So. Calif. They would be cool to observe some summer evening. I know, it is amazing how fast the month of June went!

betty

Jeannette said...

Do you know I have never seen a firefly. Not sure we even have them over here, must be a magical sight.

Ora said...

Hey Ma...well how interesting that we were all out in the yard last night and commenting about the "lightning bugs" have come back...the kids have so much fun running around...and asking for a container LOL...had me hopping there for a minute or two they did!!!! happy day to ya...hugs from Ora in KY

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

we have lots of lightening bugs here. the kids love to chase them and put in mason jars.

Joyful Days said...

Never thought about lightning bugs that way!!

I cannot believe the year is half over, what a ride it's been!

Julie