It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 09

If you want to be successful,
it's just this simple:
Know what you're doing.
Love what you're doing.
And believe in what you're doing.
By Will Rogers


GOOD MORNING !

Success is something we all try to achieve. Whether it is to be successful in our work, in our home life, in our marriages, in just about anything we do, we try to be successful.

Attributes like Resiliency, Nurturing, Intuition, Creativity, Passion, Self- Value, and Sensitivity all help to make us successful in what ever we strive to do

Sometimes it appears as though success is defined primarily in terms of income or wealth or status. I think that If someone has achieved important life goals -- especially in the face of obstacles -- then that's a measure of success.

Highly successful people don’t obsess or feel guilty about past choices or failures. They make mistakes, move on, and apply what they’ve learned to new situations.

I can count my successes on my 10 fingers.
I had a good marriage
I raised a wonderful family (they take up 7 of my fingers)
And I have succeeded in providing a life for myself – it’s really something I never thought I could do.


Many people look at the failures in their lives and forget about the successes they’ve had. Just like blessings we need to count the ways we’ve been successful too.

Give yourself a pat on the back sometimes and reward yourself for a job well done, just in case someone else forgets to do it. If you beat yourself up for being overweight, a “bad” parent, or not exercising enough, you just create a downward spiral. Successful people remind themselves of their achievements and successes

Last but not least we need take time to recharge our batteries and refuel our emotional, spiritual, and physical energy by spending at least a few quiet moments alone each day.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There's more merit and satisfaction in being a first-rate truck driver than a tenth-rate executive.

B C Forbes

'On Ya'- ma



6 comments:

Hollie said...

What a beautiful entry! We have a couple of people I work with that measure their success by beating others down & doing what ever it takes to get ahead including treating others badly. God has promoted these ladies in our company, & I think they have forgot Who made it possible for them. Help me pray for this (2) ladies....

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the thought of the day.....

Enjoy.....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

Oh if we could all live by this. You're so right, success isn't what our income is, it's who we are and how we live. You've have some wonderful success in your life friend....I just know you're going to have even more. Hugs

a corgi said...

that is wonderful advice about success, Ma, I hadn't thought of some of those things you mentioned; too often, like you said, we equate success with money or wealth or possessions, but our achievements are all successes in one way or another! I'm going to remember this!

betty

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post. We do tend to berate ourselves instead of being proud of our achievements on a daily basis. Thanks for the reminder that I am ok the way I am.

Pat said...

Real beauty is all around us,
early sunrise or golden sunset.
If I focus on material things,
please remind me, lest I forget.