It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 25, Book 09


Precious Gifts
Author Unknown

Yesterday a butterfly
Came floating gently through the sky.
He soared up through the atmosphere
Then drifted close enough to hear.
I said, "I'd love to fly with you
And sail around the way you do.
It looks like it would be such fun
To fly up toward the summer sun.
But I have not your graceful charm.
I haven't wings, just these two arms.
I've been designed to walk around.
My human feet must touch the ground.
Then magically he spoke to me and
told me what his wish would be.
He said, "What I'd love most to do Is
walk upon God's Earth with you,
To squish its mud between my toes
Or touch my finger to my nose.
I'd love just once to walk around
With human feet to touch the ground,
But I have not two legs that swing,
I haven't arms, just these two wings.
And so we went our separate ways
In wonder and surprise.
For we'd both seen
God's precious gifts
Through someone else's eyes.
GOOD MORNING !

The joy of having friends and family around is the fact that we all get to share our way of doing things, the way we think and our attitudes about different things.
Everyone, no matter, from the youngest to the oldest has a little different slant on life. Sometimes I enjoy the young ones more than anything, but each one has something different to share.

If we never heard about anyone else’s ideas, it would be a dull old world for sure. I know I learn something new every day of my life and I’d hate to think that I had no room for change in my life.

After work today I’ll be leaving for my little place in the woods for a 3 day weekend. My travel trailer, which I refer to as my camper, is permanently parked at a campground just 1 hour and 15 minutes from home. It sits on a hill and is surrounded by trees making it a very pleasant place to be in the summertime. My oldest son and his family and my only daughter and her hubby also have their campers parked right next to me. The camper is like a mini home away from home as it has electric, a fridge a tv, running water and even air conditioning if I want to turn it on.

I thought I’d try to explain a little bit about the camper for those that have never done anything like this before. It is like having a cabin except for the fact that should I choose to travel it could be hooked up to a truck and pulled down the road to wherever I wanted as it sits on wheels.

We rent a spot at the campground to park the campers on and we maintain the grass and what ever landscaping we choose to do. Along with the space we have we can also use the campground facilities. They have a beautiful new pool to swim in and a nice lake to fish in. For someone like me who has spent my life in town, being able to get out in the country like this is pure joy .

Well anyway that’s where I’ll be. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a great weekend!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving

Author Unknown

‘On Ya’-ma




8 comments:

Rose said...

Your camper area sounds tranquil and appealing.

Enjoy your long weekend.

Hugs,Rose

scrappy quilter said...

It sounds like a warm and inviting place to go to for a relaxing and peaceful rejuvenation. I'm so glad you have it to go to. Hugs..

Linda :) said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!
we'll be celebrating hubby's bday this weekend... :)

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Enjoy that pool..so relaxing and nice your little camper is.
I lovr yout pictures.

a corgi said...

I think its neat to have that camper to go to, Ma, and the location seems idea plus the amenities fantastic too! enjoy your 3-day weekend! and I would imagine next weekend with the holiday will be a 3-day one too!!

betty

Joan said...

Hope I catch you before you leave and wish you a happy and peaceful weekend in you camper it all sounds idea. It is so nice for you to get out of town at the weekends. Love Joan

Ora said...

Hi Ma!!! sure hope your week end camping is great...and that picture above cooled me off ten degrees LOL...it is 92 here in Lexington ... not really bad...but for some it is hard to take...I went backwards and read many of your blog writing...and as usual you give me such joy in reading...and I enjoy your "golden nuggets" also...be blessed and happy...hugs...Ora

Sonya said...

I am so happy for you that you have a camper and get to go every weekend. Such joy and a blessing. Love seeing pictures and hearing about it too.
Have a grand one!
Sonya