It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 23, Book 09



If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.
If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.
If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 80 percent of the worlds wealthy.
If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
Author Unknown

If a person gets his/her attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area of his life

Billy Graham


GOOD MORNING !

I guess I’ve gone on long enough about money for now, but I will keep on posting my GOLDEN NUGGET for each day in the side bar.

Our weather the past 3 days has been just about perfect. Summer is not always this nice but here in Northern Ohio it sure has been beautiful.

So my NUGGET FOR TODAY IS – beautiful summertime weather.

It is just so wonderful to wake up early in the morning and go to work in the daylight. It’s hard to believe that now the days will begin to get a little shorter each day. I no longer have to put those layers of heavy clothing or my wool socks and boots. It’s a grand feeling!

Except for the way my clothes fit, I feel like I lost 10 pounds. I feel so much better when I’m warm and I think I eat better too. Salads of any kind are much more appealing in the summer.

Today is supposed to be another gorgeous day – I hope yours is a good one too!




THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

J.R.R. Tolkien

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you have a wonderful day! Looking forward to your golden nuggets! I bet you feel a lot lighter now!

Kathy said...

I was thinking the same thing about the days starting to become shorter now. I had to shake it off and enjoy the beauty of summer rather than fret over shortened days. Isn't it amazing how different the outlook on live is when it's sunny and beautiful outside?

Cindi ;) said...

I love salads too...fresh fruit salad & grilled chicken on our table tonight....enjoy your day!
xoxoxo

scrappy quilter said...

I hope you have a wonderful day friend. I think we all feel better when the weather is nice. Although I love winter, just not the winds. I'll be posting a golden nugget on the days I post. I just need to remember to do it. Thanks for doing this, I love it.

Lori J said...

Good Morning Pam, Thought I would "borrow" hubbies computer to read some journals.
As always yours is so inspiring.

Blessings,

ALBERTA Lori

Rose said...

Love your golden nuggets!

Glad you are enjoying your summer!

Nothing but thunderstorms and heat in the high 90s here in South Florida!

Hugs, Rose

a corgi said...

I always enjoy summer salads; so light and refreshing

so glad you guys are getting some nice summer weather; that's always a relief compared to too hot of weather

betty

Carlene Noggle said...

Just stopping by,,,glad you are having great weather! It is hot as hades here!
love ya,
calrene

Angie said...

OH!!! And I thought talking about the weather was the sole preserve of us Brits!

We thought it might be summer but after 2 nice days with 24 degrees it looks as if we're in for a thunder storm Oh well......

love, Angie, xx