It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 22, Book 09


Do you wish the world were better?
Let me tell you what to do —
Set a watch upon your actions,
keep them always straight and true;
Rid your mind of selfish motives;
let your thoughts be clear and high;
You can make a little
Eden of the sphere you occupy.
Do you wish the world were wiser?
Well, suppose you made a start —
By accumulating wisdom
in the scrapbook of your heart;
Do not waste one page on folly,
live to learn, and learn to live;
If you want to give men knowledge,
you must get it, ere you give.
Do you wish the world were happy?
Then remember day by day —
Just to scatter seeds of kindness
as you pass along the way;
For the pleasures of the many
may be oft times traced to one,
As the hand that plants an acorn
shelters armies from the sun.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850 – 1919)
Stay with us Lord, because our souls are full of darkness and you are the one true light; you alone can satisfy the longings that consume us. For we know that above everything that is beautiful and good, the greatest is this: to possess you forever, O Lord
St. Gregory Nazianzen

GOOD MORNING!

Why is it so acceptable in our culture to turn to yoga, meditation CDs, or a self-proclaimed TV ‘expert’ for healing and wellness, but yet sometimes awkward for us to suggest turning to God who is, after all, the source of all happiness?

We all have a choice to make. We can choose to let the current economic problems overtake us and drag us down. Or we can choose to ride the crest of the wave and soar through these challenging times, allowing God to teach us valuable lessons and turn our focus to where it needs to be.

The collapsing economy is causing people to take a good hard look at what’s important; to push the reset button on a lifestyle of spending and excess, and choose instead to make wise, informed decisions in the days to come

I read all that in an article this past week. I guess I am one person that is not living any differently that I did before the recession hit us. I’ve never had a lot of money and I’ve always lived on the frugal side of things. I am very thankful though that everything I have is now paid for because I couldn’t afford to make any payments.

When the babes were home and I did have payments to make and more mouths to feed, the money I made went just about as far as it does now without any payments to make. That is quite a difference for sure. One thing I’ve come to realize though is that God gives me just enough in what ever my circumstances that I have what I need.

That’s my Golden Nugget for Today – I have what is needed for each day.

THANKS BE TO THE GOOD LORD !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today I will delete from my diary two days:
yesterday and tomorrow...
Yesterday was to learn and tomorrow will be
the consequence of what I can do today.
Today I will face life with the conviction
that this day will not ever return.
Today is the last opportunity
I have to live intensely,
as no one can assure me that
I will see tomorrow's sunrise.
Today I will be brave enough not to let
any opportunity pass me by,
my only alternative is to succeed.
Today I will invest my most valuable resource:
my time,in the most transcendental work: my life.
Today I will spend each minute passionately
to make of today a different
and unique day in my life.
Today I will defy every obstacle
that appearson my way,
trusting that I will succeed.
Today I will resist pessimism and will conquer
the world with a smile,
with the positive attitude
of expecting always the best.
Today I will make of every
ordinary task a sublime expression.
Today I will have my feet on the ground,
understanding reality
and the stars' gaze to invent my future.
Today I will take the time to be happy and
will leave my footprints and my presence in the hearts of others.
Author Unknown
‘On Ya’- ma

11 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

as always love seeing the weekend pics!...have a untiring work week!

Jeannette said...

Great entry as always Pam. Recession has not made any difference to us either, we never had much to start with and are now the same lol

Hollie said...

Beautiful inspiring entry as always! If we would all just turn to God & trust Him...we would all be better off.

Linda :) said...

I always know that God gives us just what we need just when we need it....
Have a great Monday!! :)

Linda said...

Good Morning Ma, Loved looking at all the pictures. It looks like you are having a great year at the camper already! We have been at ours alot also! I just love it. Have a great week. Linda

Goatfarmer said...

I would have to say Amen. I may not have everything I wont but my needs have always been taken care of. Thank you Lord
Terrie

scrappy quilter said...

Another wonderful entry. Love seeing the pictures from this weekend.

We haven't changed during this recession. We've lived a frugal life for years. In a way, I think it's a good thing people are rethinking their lives. I pray it lasts once this is all over.

Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Sonya said...

Always a breath of fresh air here! I am enjoying the pictures. I know this year must be hard having lost the little one. It breaks my heart. I just want you to know you and your family have been on my mind often!!!!
Sonya

a corgi said...

I love the picture on your header of what you see from your cabin deck; what a pretty tranquil place that seems to be!

that is so true with the advice that article gave about weathering the recession; I do believe the Lord is teaching us things about ourselves and our lifestyles as a result of not having as much spending money or money in general; we just need to be listening to him and trusting in his provisions :)

betty

Lori J said...

Dearest Ma,

Just stopping by to say hello and ask the Lord's blessing on you and yours.
So are we both celebrating the big 65 this year? My birthday is Dec. 5 and I can hardly believe that I am that age ALREADY.
Where did the past 35 years go.
Thank-you so much for your beautiful and special entries.

Love from ALBERTA Lori

Joann said...

Great looking campsite!!! Loved your post today. Great reminder to be grateful for what God provides. I just received my very last child support payment last week.... things will be different, that's for sure. But thank God I have a good job, and a strong son who WILL get a job eventually... LOL!!!