It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 17, Book 09


Money can’t buy real friendship—real friendship must be earned.
Money can’t buy a clear conscience—square dealing is the price tag.
Money can’t buy happiness—happiness is a mental attitude and one may be as happy in a cottage as in a mansion.
Money can’t buy sunsets, songs of the birds, and the music of the wind—these are as free as the air we breathe.
Money can’t buy inward peace—peace is the result of a constructive philosophy of life
Author unknown to me

If you haven’t been able to find a lot of happiness in your life, maybe you’re looking in the wrong place
GOOD MORNING!
I've been in my treasure box a lot lately and when I stack up the golden bits and pieces there they do add up to quite a bit. In fact I'm a very rich woman. I've accumulate my wealth over a period of many years and often dig in the box and check to see what dividends I've earned.
First and foremost I have a loving and generous God. He gets me through life in the most amazing ways and has opened my eyes to the immeasurable power of love.
Then I have my family. Such a blessing they are and are worth far more than their weight in gold. My grandchildren shine like jewels in the sun.
I have my health which is of untold value as I am able to do what is needed and enjoy a life free from pain.
I have loving friends too and some wonderful sisters that just cannot be underrated. They are the best.
I have a home, food on the table and all I need for each day - I am blessed with wealth beyond compare!!
I'm thinking of starting a club - do you have enough wealth to join? You've got to have an overabundance in order to qualify.
If you think you might, you can put a brief listing of your treasures in the comments today. It will be interesting to see what jewels you possess.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Begin the quest for happiness by separating memories into three separate chests.
The Treasure Chest of the mind is where we put our most cherished memories. We open this chest when looking for happiness, comfort and contentment.
The Hope Chest of our mind is for our goals and dreams of tomorrow. As each is fulfilled it is then moved to our Treasure Chest.
The Dumpster Chest of the mind is for letting go of the hurts and trash of yesterday. Once in this chest they are dumped, to be forever let go. Once these memories are put in the Dumpster Chest you should never go digging them out.
If you want to be happy, focus only on your Treasure Chest and Hope Chest for they are now full of the jewels of hope and joy
'On Ya'-ma


6 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, SNAP! I'm very rich too. I have a roof over my head that doesn't let in water and it's paid for, I have food on my table, I've been blessed with the ability to cook food that people like eating, I don't owe money to anyone, my husband loves me and I love him and we both love the Lord, I am lucky to live in a country where I can go where I want, worship how I want and where expressing an opinion won't get me arrested. I don't have the best health possible but I am taken care of and there are many naby people I would not lke to be.

Thank you Ma - I'd mislaid the key to my treasure chest and you found it for me!

love, Angie, xx

Hollie said...

I always get a blessing every time I visit your blog! You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for being my friend.

I don't have a whole lot of earthly wealth as far as possessions, but I am rich! I have a loving God that loves me no matter what I have. He has given me a wonderful husband & a wonderful son! I have a roof over my head, food on the table & shoes on my feet. What else could I possibly need?

Cindi ;) said...

I just knew I was related to the Rockerfellers....lol
God has given me an abundance!

xoxoxox

scrappy quilter said...

I'll join your club. I have an over abundance too. God has been good. I love the idea of a treasure box...just never thought of it that way. Hugs and hope you have a wonderful day.

Kath said...

I am blessed and thankful for small mercy's.He always answers my prayers and that satisfies me no matter how long the wait is.Blessed too to have found a loving lady as yourself who so inspires me with your wonderful family and wonderful words.Wealth means nothing Health means everything we cannot do much without it.I am rich in that he heals me whenever I ask.God is Good.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

a corgi said...

love this entry today, Ma; thank you for highlighting what really matters; not money, not wealth, not possessions for they are earthly and things we can't take with us when we pass on, but love and blessings and the Lord; all wonderful things!

I'll be honored to be a member of your over abundance club. Got a loving God who sent his only son to die for me, for my sins, so I could spend eternity with him, how awesome is that? And I have a Savior who died for me, who was willing to give up his life for me even when I was (and still am) a sinner. And he gave me a wonderful husband and 2 children and a great house, abundant food, good job(s), clothes to wear; he gave me everything (oh, and a silly corgi pup). I'm so blessed and so rich!

thanks Ma; enjoy Thursday

betty