It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 15, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 09


Spread love everywhere you go:
first of all in your own house.
Give love to your children,
to your wife or husband,
to a next door neighbor…
Let no one ever come to you without
leaving better or happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness;
kindness in your face,
kindness in your eyes,
kindness in your smile;
kindness in your warm greeting
Mother Teresa

As I smile at a stranger or offer assistance to someone, I am contributing to a world of peace. On a broader scale, I show respect for the people of other nations and cultures, knowing that we all share planet earth as the home God created for us--a home in which we live together in peace and love


GOOD MORNING!

As usual with me SMILES do not come easy on Monday morning. After a busy weekend spent with family members it is very hard for me to get back in to the work mode. With the exception of one brief shower on Saturday evening, the weekend was mild and sunny. That certainly makes it better for outdoor get togethers.

Most of the rainy period I was in the car traveling home from the campground. By the time I reached home the skies were clearing and giving way to more sunshine.

Friday evening and most of Saturday was spent with DD and her hubby at the campground. A lot of DSIL’s relatives were also camping there this weekend so a lot of their time was spent with them so I did get some quiet times where I could just sit and read and enjoy the down time to rest.

Saturday evening DS#6 and his wife came in to my house we went out to eat dinner and they stayed the night. They and DS#5 and his wife joined me in traveling to DS#3’s house Sunday. This was a mixture of joy and sorrow as we did celebrate DS#3’s birthday but we also went to view the memorial for his little son that passed away. Family members on both sides had a hand in designing the headstone which makes it all the more special.

DS#3 and his wife are expecting a baby come November and they are thrilled as are their 2 children. It is always a blessing to welcome new life.

Now it’s back to work and although I’m not ready for it—it’s ready for me!

Have a great Monday everyone!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you care at all you will get some results.
If you care enough you will get incredible results!

Jim Rohn

‘On Ya’-ma

12 comments:

Angie said...

I love looking at your photos! This weekend must have been quite a bitter-sweet one for you. Try not to work too hard this week.
love, Angie, xx

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Your camping spot looks great. I am so sorry about your Grandson but the headstone is wonderful.

Kathy said...

I love to see the pictures you post each Monday. It's so nice you get to spend the weekends with your family. I know how sad it must have been to celebrate your little grandsons life. I also enjoy reading your blog because you always have such uplifting things in it.

scrappy quilter said...

What wonderful pictures. I always look forward to seeing them after the weekend. Sounds like it was a busy one and yet a fun one. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. Just think, only a few more days and you'll be camping again. It just goes so fast. Hugs

Sybil said...

Thanks as always for sharing your weekend with us. I do love to read about what you have all been up to. This past weekend sure was a busy one. It hardly seems any time since the wee one died does it The headstone is really lovely. And nice to have somehwere to go occasionally and just think back on his lovely little life. I am so pleased to read that another baby is on it's way.
Much Love Sybil xx

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend.It is wonderful being with family.
The headstone for your grandbaby is very nice.I did not know you had lost one.I am so sorry,I cannot even imagine that.
Elizabeth

Lainey Laine said...

Hey it's me. Do you forgive me? LOL I've been away so long. But I havent forgotten anyone. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. I have so missed reading about everyone. I just don't seem to get the time anymore and it's so sad! As I do miss journals. Awwww I remember when your beautiful grandson passed away. The headstone is beautiful. xxxxxxxxxxx

Lainey Laine said...

Hey I'm not sure if my comment got processed. But I came back to visit you. Loved reading your journal and seeing the lovely pics. Have missed journals - just been so busy lately. Love Lainey xxxxx

Lainey Laine said...

I keep trying to post a comment but it's not working. Laine xxx

Lainey Laine said...

oh silly me now you will have lots of comments from me. Just seen that you approve them first!! hee hee - lol aren't you glad I arrived!!!

a corgi said...

congrats to son #3 and his wife (and the whole family) for the new baby in November; I was wondering how they were doing with the loss of their son and your grandson; that memorial looks very nice.

as always, enjoy your pictures as you and your family are having fun spending time with each other!!

betty

Joan said...

Lovely pictures from your weekend. the headstone for your grandson is beautiful.Love Joan