It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 12, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 12, Book 09


Friday’s Fable

A fly was buzzing along one morning when he saw a lawn mower someone had left out in their front yard. He flew over and sat on the handle, watching the children going down the sidewalk on their way to school.
One little boy tripped on a crack and fell, spilling his lunch on the sidewalk. He picked himself up, put his lunch back in the bag and went on. But he missed a piece of baloney. The fly had not eaten that morning and he sure was hungry. So he flew down and started eating the bologna. In fact he ate so much that he could not fly, so he waddled across the sidewalk, across the lawn, up the wheel of the lawn mower, up the handle, and sat there resting and watching the children.
There was still some baloney laying there on the sidewalk. He was really stuffed, but that baloney sure did look good.
Finally temptation got the best of him and he jumped off the handle of the lawn mower to fly over to the baloney. But alas he was too full to fly and fell straight to the ground... splat!
The moral of this story is simple... don't fly off the handle when you are full of baloney.

Author Unknown

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing

Will Rogers


GOOD MORNING !

I don’t know about you but it seems I meet angry people every day. It could be driver following along behind me who doesn’t think I’m going fast enough or it could be a sales clerk that just had a difficult customer so she’s taking her frustration out on everybody else.

There are two kinds of anger – healthy and unhealthy

When my anger is projected at injustice or oppression, that is usually a sign of healthy anger. When my anger revolves around my self-interest, it is more likely to be selfish and unhealthy

Anger can be good - Righteous anger tends to be slow, thoughtful and controlled. It leads to the formation of a plan rather than hasty and wild actions.

Anger is natural and even necessary to survival because it can provoke powerful, aggressive feelings that allow us to protect ourselves when attacked

Mental health experts agree that anger itself isn't bad; the problems lie in how we handle it

One way to combat anger is to write down the daily positives in your life, to offset the negatives

Soon it will be summer. Not only are we going to be hot and sweaty, more than a few of us will be hotheaded too. We must take time to cool off and not let the heat get to us.

I’m off now for the weekend and this one will be a busy one as I’m not only going to the camper but also going up to DS#3’s to help celebrate his coming birthday. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as you always are. Have a great weekend!


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Speak when you're angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret

Lawrence J. Peter


‘On Ya’ - ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I loved the story about the fly!

This is sooooooooo true! Speak when you're angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret! I know because I've done it a few times. I try to rein my anger in now...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindi ;) said...

I've regretted a lot.....but over time, maturtity, and wisdom have learnt valuable lessons...have a great time this weekend..

ps are you baking brownies again?????lol love that pic

Linda :) said...

The fly story was funny though...
Have a wonderful camping day!
and Happy Birthdays all around!! :)

scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful post and so very true. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

a corgi said...

happy birthday to your son, Ma! I hope you enjoy the weekend and his celebration!!

so true about anger; I try to think about Jesus and his righteous anger; he didn't get angry at people who were mistreating him, but he sure got angry when they were talking bad about his Father or treating His Father's house with disrespect. I think using him as a model for how he handled anger is a good thing in my life

hoping you'll have some nice pictures to share from your weekend gathering :)

betty

Janie said...

That was a really cute story and so true! lol Just a quick hello.. all is well just busy w/family and outside things. Hope you are having a blessed weekend. God Bless, Janie

Ally Lifewithally said...

Have a wonderful weekend ~ and Happy Birthday to DS#3 hope he enjoys the celebrations ~ Ally x

Joann said...

I LOVE the story and the moral!! LOL!! This was a good entry for me to read, I know I tend to get irritable when the weather's too hot with no relief in sight, so I usually try not to be around too many people... LOL!!