It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 11, Book 09

Reflections
A little boy and his father were walking on the mountains.Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams:
AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain:
AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Curious, the little boy yells:
Who are you?
He receives the answer:
Who are you?And then the boy screams to the mountain:
You're Stupid
The voice answers:
You're Stupid
Frustrated at the response, the boy screams:
I Hate You
He receives the answer:
I Hate You
He looks to his father and asks: What's going on?
The father smiles and says: My son, pay attention.
The man screams:
You are a champion!
The voice answers:
You are a champion!
The boy is surprised, but does not understand.
Then the father explains: People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.
It gives you back everything you say or do.
Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.
If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.
If you want people to respect you, respect them.
This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life.
Life will give you back everything you have given to it.
Your Life is not a Coincidence.
It's a Reflection of You!

What turns out to be your echos are your friends, relatives, family, work, talents, situations, possessions, capabilities, opportunities, and everything else in your life. If you want to know what you believe, simply look at your life-It is a perfect reflection of what beliefs you hold at a very deep level
No one likes admitting they are the cause of their own miserable circumstances, so outside causes are always found, or sometimes a person will say we are all responsible for what happened. This is not exactly true. You are totally and completely the source of everything that you experience.

GOOD MORNING!
When I look at my life I can really see that the things I’ve given have come back to me. And sad but true is the fact that the things I’ve not given have also been sorely lacking in my life.
For the most part my life is a happy one and I’ve been blessed by some good friends and a loving family. I feel content with what I have and rarely want for anything more than what I do have.
I’ve had days of illness, hardships and sorrow just like most people. The thing is that the people in my life and my faith have helped me rise above the difficult times.
In my thought for the day today I’ve put a list I found that is full of very wise ways to help us to Live a life you love!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Live a life you love!

Live your life so that everything is a reflection of your truth.

You can also choose whom you give your time and energy too

Understand that you need God and your faith to deal with the issues and problems that will arise in life. Then use your faith to help you endure

Discipline will help us have control over our life and our decisions.

You must make a commitment to have your life stand and mean something

We must refuse to partake in the misery moments. In order to feel fulfilled in life, you must refuse to make excuses in your life. You must do everything you can to keep your life progressing in a positive way

We must incorporate time for ourselves into our lives. Choose to give time to yourself and decide when and how you will take time for yourself.
We are all blessed with the ability to live a life we love. We must remember that it is a commitment that affects every area of our life, every decision that we make, and every person that we allow to be in our life. Everyone and everything in your life should be a reflection of the joy that is in your life.

‘On Ya’-ma


6 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

nice entry...thx for sharing..speaking of which...each time I scroll down and look at your pictures on your side bar...I always stop at the brownies!!! LOL yummy...

Kath said...

I keep taking your words to heart and they do help.This is a lovely posting.I have been blessed with a good life and I lean on God when things are not so.He always answers and sees me through.Have a wonderful weekend you so deserve it.It's bright here in my part of England but a very cool wind.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful list. btw - I love your new heading picture. Beautiful!! Hugs.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thank you for a lovely read ~ Ally x

a corgi said...

I love the line about what we do is a reflection of the joy we have in our lives; that is so true.

life is hard and tough at times, but those who weather it well, who go on despite adversity and problems and despite adversity and problems thrive are the ones that leave a lasting impression on one's heart and mind (kind of what you do Ma, I know your life hasn't been the easiest of ones, but despite that you try to carry on and spread joy/love ti all you know; awesome gift!)

betty

Sybil said...

Thank you as always Ma for your thoughtful words. I do so agree with everything you have written. we do recieve only what we give away. (I remember my Mother saying when my sister at only 16 wanted to leave home to train as a Nanny and all around were critisising her for letting her leave home...She said and always thereafter said...The only way to keep someone is to let them go..)
It has been one our family motto's for all our lives.
Much Love have a wonderful weekend hope th sun keeps shining.
Sybil xx