It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chapter 6, Page 10, Book 09


Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission

Arnold Bennett


It is very important to establish good thinking guidelines and follow them. Placing thoughts of peace and happiness in our minds will help to make our lives peaceful and happy. If we do not set our thoughts properly, we travel through life by way of places where we will wish we had not gone

Our daily life includes thoughts associated with responsibilities concerning work, other people, and handling problems. If possible, try not to think of too many different things during your day, and don't move or think too quickly. Start your morning with a plan to come through to bedtime relaxed, contented, and ready for a restful night's sleep

Think about your happiness, goals, life and its pleasures, your principles and your conduct. Think about enjoying the moment

GOOD MORNING !

I found the thoughts above in one of my internet searches yesterday and was reminded once again how easily I can get off track. I really do try to think positive and keep upbeat most of the time. But sometimes things happen that make me conjure up all sorts of not so good thoughts. It seems sometimes I can go down to the depths of despair much easier than I can convince my self that all will be well and the dear Lord has control of it all.

On days like that I start counting my blessings and thinking of all the good there is in the world. I read and pray and listen to uplifting music. I really work at maintaining a good attitude. But there are times it takes a little longer than others to bounce back.

It’s ok to be gloomy about things now and then. Everyone has those times, but to dwell on what’s bothering us and go over it again and again only seems to make it worse. If I’m upset I tend to get grouchy and do and say things I never would otherwise, so I work at picking myself up and dusting myself off and starting all over again. Each new morning brings a new start and a whole 24 hours to make the best of.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life they say so I’m going to make it as good as I can.

I do hope yours is a great one too!



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Garner up pleasant thoughts in your mind,
for pleasant thoughts make pleasant lives

John Wilkins
'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Angie said...

Eeeeeh Ma! I'm guilty of often looking on the black side. I know they say every cloud has a silver lining but sometimes before you know it you have it all wrong in your mind and you get 'every silver lining has a cloud'!! Keith, on the other hand is effortlessly optimistic.

Hope you're having a good week.

scrappy quilter said...

It's hard sometimes, however so worth it to count our blessings rather than always dwelling on the bad stuff. Great post.

Sonya said...

Today has been great! Hope yours has been too. I have certainly picked myself up and dusted it off. I can only control my own actions and can sleep with a healthy conscious knowing I've done my day correctly! If you know what I mean. ha.
"The Lord is my Real Boss and I shall not want"....ha

a corgi said...

I came across this the other day when reading the Bible:

Philippians 4:8-9
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

I thought that was neat to think about those things and when I thought about those things, it seemed like I was thinking a lot about Jesus and his character, always a good thing to meditate on.

but I do have my worries too and my negative thoughts. I think it is always a struggle we will have in this world but striving to think of our blessings and of noble things is something to continue to do

betty