It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 09


Playing The Game
By Author Unknown


Life is a game with a glorious prize,
If we can only play it right.
It is give and take, build and break,
And often it ends in a fight;
But he surely wins who honestly tries
(Regardless of wealth or fame),
He can never despair who plays it fair -

How are you playing the game?
Do you wilt and whine, if you fail to win

In the manner you think your due?
Do you sneer at the man in case that he can
And does, do better than you?
Do you take your rebuffs with a knowing grin?
Do you laugh tho' you pull up lame?

Does your faith hold true when the whole world's blue?
How are you playing the game?

Get into the thick of it - wade in, boys!
Whatever your cherished goal;
Brace up your will till your pulses thrill,
And you dare - to your very soul!
Do something more than make a noise;
Let your purpose leap into flame
As you plunge with a cry,

"I shall do or die,"
Then you will be playing the game


Good Morning!
E
nthusiasm for what you do means everything. If you are not in to what you have to do it makes for some dull boring days. And we all know that dull boring days mean trouble. It gives you too much time to dwell on thoughts and things that tend to drag us down. Doing something you like and putting your all into it on the other hand gives you lift that just can not be beat.
I give myself a lift just about every weekend from April til October and I love what I do…camping.



I’m still working on enthusiasm for the months between November and March. Every year I try to do my best to celebrate those days just as much as I do the others. Let’s just say that is a work in progress.


I’ve always believed that every day we live is a day to celebrate, so don’t misunderstand. It’s just that the warm weather sunshine and the out doors have a special place in my heart.
I’m off on a vacation day Friday and won’t have an entry again til Monday.


Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mothers Day to all the moms as we celebrate Mothers Day here n Sunday. You all be in my thoughts and prayers


THOUGHT FOR TODAY


It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle

Author Unknown


9 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you will love having the extra day at the campsite! Enjoy! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Sonya said...

Having a hard time with enthusiasm this morning. Want to be back in bed. lol

Thanks for the entry...though...
Hope you have a good day and a good weekend coming up.

Kath said...

I have been putting my enthusiasm into more decorating this morning since 8-30am.Phew it is hard work and now calls for a moment to try do a few comments seeing as I have been away for a while.I hope you have the most wonderful time at your camper this weekend you so desrve it all and once again I wish you and all MOMS in USA a wonderful Mothers Day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Hugs..

Kathy said...

Great animal pictures. I hope you
have a wonderful Mother's Day also. Enjoy your weekend in your camper. Thank you for the prayers for Chloe.

Alice said...

Hi Pam. I don't think it's necessary for me to say "happy mother's day" cause I'm sure you'll be camping and having a wonderful time :)

Angie said...

I've been enthusiastically reading people's blogs and commenting quite a bit of today. Tomorrow I shall enthusiastically attack the ironing. That's how I'll start out anyway, then it'll be "...I'll just finish this cup of tea / phone mum / brush the dog......' - anything so I can put off the evil moment!

Is that how you spell 'enthusiastically'? It looks wrong somehow. Enjoy your weekend.

love, Angie. xx

Ora said...

enjoy your camping time...and a very Happy Mother's Day to you too!!! Hugs from Ora in KY

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

wonderful post, thank you for your prayers and encouragement.