It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 5, Book 09


Starting A New Day
I meet my God in the morning
when my day is at its best and
with so many possibilities and
opportunities to look forward to.
When God’s presence comes to me like a sunrise
I feel my day has started well.
All day long that presence lingers,
long after any perfume or scent.
All day long God will stay with me
as we sail through calmness or troubled waters.
So now I think I know the secret.
You must seek God in the morning
if you want God through the day
Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Mothers for centuries have started the day praying for their families. They don’t know what challenges the day will bring — what obstacles, what joys, what successes, or what sorrow. But they know the day will be better and brighter because they met God in the morning

Praying is a way of life for me. It’s like a ritual that gives me the extra boost I need each morning. Rituals are like habits that form over time and give structure to our days. Just like brushing my teeth or taking my daily vitamin prayer is part of what I do.

I found that when my children were little they loved to have schedules for when things were done. It made it easier for them to know that certain things were done at the same times every day. They formed good habits by doing those everyday things over and over again.

I am no longer a child for sure, but still like that structure to my day. If I don’t get started on the right foot then for most of the day I’m off kilter and floundering. Keeping balance for me is keeping to the schedule and then when things do go wrong, I have something to fall back on.




THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Life will sometimes hand you a magical moment. Savor it.
'On Ya'-ma

2 comments:

Ora said...

I thought of you and your camping week end...hoping for nice weather for you...as I know it is the foundation for a good week...have a great three days...I think I would enjoy your "camping" corner of the world...so happy you do...hugs...Ora

scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful words. Hugs.