It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 04, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 4, Book 09


JOY
Rabindranath Tagore

And Joy is Everywhere;

It is in the Earth's green covering of grass;

In the blue serenity of the Sky;

In the reckless exuberance of Spring;

In the severe abstinence of grey Winter;

In the Living flesh that animates our bodily frame;
In the perfect poise of the

Human figure, noble and upright;

In Living;In the exercise of all our powers;

In the acquisition of Knowledge;in fighting evils...

Joy is there


Everywhere

GOOD MORNING!

I am happy to report I had a wonderful restful weekend. On the way to the campground Friday evening it started to rain. But I got there safely and unloaded my car and just stayed inside the camper for the rest of the night.

Saturday morning there was no sun peeping over the hill at me, but it did make an appearance a little later on and I got to sit on the deck of my camper and read awhile. I went for several walks around our part of the campground and took pictures of all the wonderful flowers blooming all around me.

I even took an afternoon nap out on the deck. I just wrapped my warm poncho around me and with the warm sun shinning I fell right asleep. I really needed the rest as I was near exhaustion. I had even cancelled out on going to my Bible study on Thursday evening and opted for a warm soak in the tub and went to bed early.

Sunday morning found me much more refreshed and I went off to church as usual then back to the camper deck for a little breakfast sitting in the sun. The warm rays seem to give me such a grand feeling. All the tiredness just seems to vanish.

So for now I’m rested and ready for work this Monday morning. This will be a nice short work week as I have Friday off for a vacation day. Of course I’ll be going to my little place in the woods. The long range forecast is saying 50% chance of rain again, but that bothers me not at all…I’ll still go and have a nice 3 day weekend.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Did you know...

that when you walk past a flower,

whether it be in

somebody's garden or on a vacant hillside,

the flower will always smile at you.

The most polite way to respond,

I've been told,

is to cheerfully return the smile.


Ron Atchison

‘On Ya’-ma



3 comments:

Angie said...

I could feel how restful your weekend was ust reading that, Ma. It's a bank holiday here today and, true to form, it's cold and wet.

love, Angie, xx

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you had a restful weekend. Hugs..

Hollie said...

I'm so glad that you had such a relaxing weekend! It sounded wonderful!