It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 28, Book 09

Little stones make big mountains,
Little steps can cover miles,
Little acts of loving-kindness
Give the world it's biggest smiles...
Little words can soothe big troubles
Little hugs can dry big tears,
Little candles light the darkness,
Little memories last for years...
Little dreams can lead to greatness,
Little victories to success~
It's the little things in life
That brings the greatest happiness...
Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

As I start my day off with a good cup of coffee this morning, I’m reminded of how much those little things really do mean to me.
A little thing like the alarm clock that wakes me up, my small morning prayer, my good cup of coffee, and a hot shower are all insignificant things that start my day. Yet if I didn’t have them my day wouldn’t begin as well as it should.
Children have a wonderful way of appreciating the little things in life. Most things are new and exciting to them and it doesn’t take much to make them happy.
As I grow older I find I need to keep my perspective and take the child’s eye view more often.
Wonder and awe of the simple things in life , the little things are the things that will increase my love of life and the joy of them can be found just about everywhere
The simple joys of living are made up of lots and lots of little things.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Find delight in the little things. And you'll be pleasantly surprised at how delightful the big things turn out to be, too.
Ralph Marston

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Great photos, we need to get out and camp. I miss it! Linda

scrappy quilter said...

You are so right, it's the little things that bring us joy. I love looking out my window and seeing the park across the street or hear the howl of wind when we are having a storm. Just simple things, yet they bring joy to my life. Hope you have a wonderful day...hugs

Cindi ;) said...

my next book title...DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF...ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS...or have they written that already..

Ora said...

thanks Ma...for keeping us reminded of the "little things" in our life that are important....and that picture above with the little boy...I have a pic of my son doing that very thing...you brought that memory back to life for me...again thanks...and on a rainy evening...a good book and bed are just the ticket LOL...happy day...hugs...Ora

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

A hug always helps one feel better.
Wonderful words, and so true.
Hope you have a good weekend.