It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 09

I am glad that God is in charge of the world.
That its not up to me
to fix all the broken pieces,
to bind all the broken wounds, to
lift up all the troubled souls
What is up to me is to give all to God
and be quick to obey in
whatever He asks - in this way -
perhaps in some small way I can be
his smile, his hand, his aid.
But its not up to me to carry
the weight of the world. I can be sad
for every broken heart and wounded spirit.
I can ache for every
troubled soul and every lonely child -
but only God can reach down
and save his precious world.
So - its only up to me - to love the moment
that is before me. To
accept the beauty of this moment -
in whatever wrapping it comes...
sometimes tears and sometimes laughter.
I don't have to appear to be bigger than I am -
holier or humbler
than I am or anything but who I am -
as I am - at this moment.
I can be as holy as I want -
and not care if I get labeled as
conservative or overly pious or sickening sweet.
I can pray when I
want or not - and be content that God is content with me

Yep, just me.
Thank you God - for letting me be who I am today.
Who I will be
tomorrow is yet to be explored

Bits and Pieces from one of my morning meditations

GOOD THURSDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

The message above says so much of what I feel.
I’m so very thankful that I don’t have the job of being in charge of everything. What a relief it is just to know that it’s my job to live in the moment and do the best I can with it.

I’m always trying to look at the bright side of things and even though my world is not perfect and it has more downs than ups sometimes, I would rather be optimistic than pessimistic any time. I’m certainly not perfect in any shape or form either.

But I’m me and I’m thankful for a God that loves me.



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Make the best of today, for there is no tomorrow until after today

Liz Strehlow

‘On Ya’-ma

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Beautiful entry! I'm thankful to be me too & not have to carry the weight of the world. It's close to the weekend. I'll be working all weekend, but I know you will have a great one at the camper. It's a 3 day weekend for you too! Woo-Hoo!

Anne said...

I'm so glad I read this first thing this morning. I love looking at your pictures also. Anne

Jan said...

As you get older you dont feel you want so much responsiblity,what a great entry ,havent they worked hard and made such a difference ,we have done similar with parts of out garden ,much cleaner ..love Jan xx

scrappy quilter said...

I'm thankful I'm me too. I tried a number of years ago to change the world by fostering. I felt I could save every child. It didn't work, I burnt out and it took me years to get healthy again. I've never regretted fostering, however I'm glad I learnt that I don't have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. He alone does that for me. Hugs...

Janie said...

A neat quote and so true! Hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your family. In my prayers. Janie