It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 20, Book 09


Most people are just trying to get through the day. Be committed to learn to get from the day. Don’t just get through it; get from it. Learn from it. Let the day teach you. Join the university of life. What a difference that will make in your future. Commit yourself to learning. Commit yourself to absorbing. Be like a sponge. Get it. Don’t miss it.
Jim Rohn
GOOD MORNING!

I don’t know about you, but I learn something new everyday of my life. Sometimes it’s really something I already knew but with a new slant to it.

I love to listen to discussions going on around the campfire or in the office at work. I find out more by listening that I would if I was the one carrying on the conversation. It would surprise me greatly if I didn’t learn something new every day.

I read loads of books and on line articles. If my eyesight decides to ever give out I’d be one of those that would enjoy talking books too. Every class I’ve ever taken has been beneficial in some way, especially in my Bible studies.

I can’t comprehend the fact that some people don’t like to read. That is even worse fact than that of there being people that can’t read.

Everything you learn isn’t written in a book for sure, but either way we should never stop learning.

Thought for Today

That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way

Doris Lessing

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Joan said...

Very true Pam you do learn something everyday. Whee would we be without books and newspapers. I am not a magazine reader too expencive for a start and full of adverts, but I do read a lot of books and it is amazing just how much you learn from each one. Love Joan.

Hollie said...

I agree. I learn so much from listening. I have been told many times that I am a great listener.

Cindi ;) said...

Listening is a great tool...thx for your kind comment...I'm learning alot by "reading"....this small community (blogger land) has been very helpful to me...enjoy your day!

Sybil said...

You are so true Ma I don't know how I would get through the days if I didn't try to learn just one thing...We had bible study this morning...we do every Wed... and it is amazing the different interpretations we all see....and all of them completely valid...
My one big sadness is the Mary my friend can not read and indeed now see's no reason to even try...Still she does enjoy when I read bits to her !! and I enjoy that as well as when Mum died that was one thing I missed sitting here reading bit's to her (she was nearly blind by then)
Much Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

I couldn't agree more. There is always something to learn. Although I enjoy reading historical fiction, I've started reading non-fiction books lately just so I can learn more. I don't want to miss out on anything. Another great post.

Janie said...

So true! Hope things are going well at work. We have had some warm weather and I have enjoyed being out in the garage making flower arrangements. Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Ora said...

Never to old to learn a new trick or truth!!! that is what life is..learning!!! of course the youngsters in school today don't believe that LOL...but then I didn't either at that age...LOLOL...hope you have a nice big week end planned camping and family fun!!! be safe...hugs...Ora in KY

Joyful Days said...

I always comment thankfully when I learn something new. It means I'm still moving!!