It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 19, Book 09


So much of unhappiness, it seems to me, is due to nerves; and bad nerves are the result of having nothing to do, or doing a thing badly, unsuccessfully or incompetently. Of all the unhappy people in the world, the unhappiest are those who have not found something they want to do. True happiness comes to those who do their work well, followed by a refreshing period of rest. True happiness comes from the right amount of work for the day.
Lin Yutang
GOOD MORNING !

It seems I have found my balance in life. I do my work well and I also have found a great way to relax and get away from it too. Years ago we started camping when the children were small. I loved it then, and I still love it today.

No matter what you do, you should have some sort of reward for working and doing your job well. Working day after day with no play is not good for anyone.
Some people love to garden. Some like to travel and some like to shop. Finding some way to relax is a necessity. Our outlook on everything improves when we are not stressed and tired out.

I read in the news yesterday that men should drink a least 5 glasses of water a day in order to have a healthy heart. If you think about it, in order to drink any thing you have to stop what you are doing before you can drink. And maybe while drinking that water they are taking a break from work. Makes sense to me, although it probably doesn’t apply to what the article was saying.
I just know that if you take a break, relax and you’ll be much better for it.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.

Sydney J. Harris

5 comments:

Ora said...

as usual...you give food for thought..and I agree...balance in our lives makes each day special..your campsite is going to make the pages of Camping??? LOL...sure looks great to me!!! hugs...Ora in KY

scrappy quilter said...

Oh Ma I agree. We all need time to relax, rejuvenate ourselves and enjoy some quiet time. I'm glad you've been able to find that special place. I personally think we live a much more enjoyable life when we take time to do this.

Kathy said...

Good post. Such good advice too. We all need something to look forward to during the work week. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Angie said...

I never thought about drinking a glass of water as takin a little break! You're right though, but don't tell my Keith's boss. It took years to get him to install water fountains around the factory because he said people would take too many breaks! Nasty Man.
love, Angie, xx

Sonya said...

I like what you are saying about the water. I think that could be part of it. I guess the water helps wash out the fatty stuff too as it replenishes our bodies.

Today is much better. Less stressful. I love what I do but sometimes not happy with some I work with. lol

Usually if you wait long enough they leave though.