It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 18, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 09





You can clear the land, plow the field, spread the fertilizer, and plant the corn. But you cannot make it rain. You cannot prevent an early frost. You cannot determine exactly what will happen in your life. The rain may or may not fall, but one thing is certain: you will get a harvest only if you planted something in the field.
It's important to do everything in our power to ensure our success,but we also need to let the universe take its course.
Melody Beattie
GOOD MORNING!
We’ve probably all found out that we are not in control of everything. Things can happen that we don’t have any control of what so ever. But that shouldn’t stop us from trying to do our best with what ever it is we have to do.
Very often I think I’ve got my plans all laid out only to have them change all together in the matter of one split second. One moment can change everything .
Still I have to live in the moment and this morning is the beginning of a new work week, so I’ll soon be off to do my job and hopefully I’ll do the best I can with that for sure.
This past weekend we planned to get a lot of work done around the campsite and if you look at the pictures on the side bar you can see that we did. It didn’t look good at all according to the weather forecast on Friday. Some rain storms were headed our way on Saturday. We did get a few small showers, but for the most part it was a lovely day and we did get our work done.
DD and her hubby had brought a movie to watch in case of an all day rain, and DS#1 and his wife were going to take the kids to the movies if it rained. As it turned out we got to do what we’d planned and the rainy day options were not needed.
I’m planning a great Monday…I do hope your day is a great one too!
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella

Pepper Giardino
‘On Ya’-ma







11 comments:

Hollie said...

It looks like a wonderful home away from home. I can see why you all love camping so. I'm glad you all were able to do what you needed to get done.

Have a good week.

Pat said...

Please do not think that I am
not reading if I don't comment.
For some reason, I have a problem
getting my comments to post. I
thought I'd try again to tell you
that I am enjoying camping with
you (if only by words and pictures)
It sure brings back memories of
campfires, friends and family.
Wonderful, wonderful memories.

scrappy quilter said...

It does look like a wonderful home away from home. It looks so relaxing and peaceful. I love the picture of the dogs....they know how to relax, don't they. The firepit looks so inviting. Great job!! Hugs.

Joan said...

You have all make a super job with all the stones and the campfire bit looks great to and it will be good if the weather is bad. Love Joan.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

everything looks so nice and peaceful. Those dogs look like they have a good time too. Both are very handsome animals.

Kathy said...

I think you must just dream of these weekends all winter long. They look like so much fun. I loved the pictures too.

Janie said...

Just a quick hello and the camp sight looks wonderful. Hope you have a blessed week with lots of blessings. :) In my prayers, Janie

Joyful Days said...

I'm not in control??? Oh, yeah...I forgot. LOL!! I like that metaphor a lot. I'm enjoying camping vicariously through you. Brings back so many memories.

(())

Julie

Angie said...

I love hearing about your family and the camp site. You're all so ....together. Didn't the stones make a big difference?

love, Angie, xx

Cindi ;) said...

I love sharing the campsite!...feels as if we are there with your family...thx your Monday posts always bring a smile to my face!

Linda :) said...

I love all the pictures on your sidebar!!! and what a great job your boys are doing fixing up the campsite for the summer... :)