It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 13, Book 09


We can never untangle all the woes in other people's lives.
We can't produce miracles overnight.
But we can bring a cup of cool water to a thirsty soul,
or a scoop of laughter to a lonely heart.
Barbara Johnson
GOOD MORNING !
I do hope you can manage a smile or two this morning . I’m trying really hard to do the same here as I sip my morning coffee. Many times I wish I had someone here to share it with, but as you know, I’m alone and soon I’ll go off to work where it really won’t be much different.
My boss comes and goes and I often spend a lot of time alone there too.
One thing about the internet is that it brings you in touch with those near and far. I’m always thankful that I have a computer that allows me to keep in touch with family and friends. We can communicate almost instantly using computers.
The mail would take a couple of days or more being delivered by a mail man. The post office has to sort it all out and then send someone out to deliver it. I might be in a truck, a train, or even an airplane for a day or two.
It’s been a long time since I sent a letter to anyone. I love e-mail and the wonders of the internet.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
They might not need me; but they might.
I’ll let my head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
Emily Dickinson
‘On Ya’ -ma

7 comments:

Sugar said...

i agree, it's sooo nice to have computers to link us with friends/family.
have a good hump day.
huggies...

Ally Lifewithally said...

Loved the picture of your Fire ~ I could almost feel the warmth coming from it ~ Lovely Thought for Today ~ Ally x

scrappy quilter said...

I agree, I'm so thankful for the internet. Two of my best friends I met on it. I'm so thankful for your blog and you!! You encourage everyday and it's absolutely wonderful to visit your blog first thing in the morning. Hugs..

Sybil said...

Like you I stay alone Ma..although have Mary my friend in every day almost all day !! But my day always starts with a chat to an online friend. We both sit here with our cuppa and chat away although we live on either side of the country.If for some reason Joy is not there my day is very dull indeed.
Much Love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

I wish I lived close to you, because I would come by from time to time & have a morning cup of coffee with you. I'm so thankful for the internet too. It brought me good friends like you! Thanks for being my friend!

Cindi ;) said...

we should all arrange a time to seat & enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in the morning together..via internet, chat, webcam however...what fun...I'll have a cup of joe with ya..want to try sometime?

Carlene Noggle said...

Oh ybes, I thank God everyday for the sweet folks I have met on here and for the fact that I get to share a small part of their lives.
love ya,
carlene