It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 01, 2009

Chapter 5, Page 1, Book 09


The angel of May brings the blush and promise of spring.
May's angel rejoices with us as we take heart at the sight of trees and shrubs in bloom and relish our anticipation of the fruits to come.
This angel of spring reminds us that this is the time of awakening the seed within ourselves. Perhaps we have a deep longing, an artistic talent never explored, or a friendship never quite attempted.

The angel of May will help us discover this potential, nurturing our spirits so we can dare to fulfill this hidden promise and bring forth the fruits of a life fully lived

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar
I love not Man the less, but Nature more
Lord Byron

GOOD MORNING!

I certainly do hope that my weekends away will take care of the part about nurturing the spirit for me. I really do feel as though I’ve lived a full life. There is little left that I really want to do except for a trip to the beach or two.

I’ve had all the joys and sorrows that most lives have and I’ve done more work than I really wanted too to begin with. I am looking forward to retirement and less hectic days. I would love to have more of my family close by, but that seems impossible so for the most part I have a life fully lived.

Weather permitting I’ll leave for the campsite after work today. If it is still storming I’ll wait til early in the morning.

I hope your weekend is filled with lots of R & R and remember you are always in my thoughts and in my prayers.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Breathe.
Let go.
And remind yourself that this very moment
is the only one you know you have for sure

Oprah Winfrey

‘On Ya’-ma


7 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope the weather will settle down so you can go on today. I know how much you enjoy being there in your little spot in the woods. I know you are looking forward to retirement. I hope you will be able to enjoy your retirement to the fullest.

Have a great weekend & I'll miss you!

scrappy quilter said...

Hope the weather will change and you'll have a wonderful weekend. I know you're going to enjoy retirement. We sure have and do.

Kathy said...

I do hope you can retire soon. You deserve some time to do what you want to do. Enjoy your weekend at the trailer.

Sybil said...

Juat in case you are able to check in before you leave for what I hope will be another wonderful weekend for you wanted to say bye..Mary and I are away on Monday till saturday for a wee break down to Torquay which is a lovely seaside resort down in Devon I am looking forward to recharging my battries after last weeks visist to Scotland... We have had lovely 1st. May. sunshine all day just dulling down now at 6..45pm.

Much Love Sybil.

Janie said...

Wishing you a lovely weekend. Blessings, Janie

Ora said...

Hi Ma...well I know you are camping...hope the weather is ok..and I know you so enjoy your little "get away" time...and like you...I use alot of "post it notes" LOL...for reminders LOLOL..otherwise I would lprobably forget where I lived...LOL..you always give me such a lift of enjoyment with your blog...happy day to ya...Ora in KY

Angie said...

Hi Ma! Your woodland place looks idyllic.

love, Angie (your friendly neighbourhood lurker), xx