It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 9, Book 09


Many aspire to change the world but few realize that everyone accomplishes that goal. Each day you live you are changing something. Rather than simply changing the world, one should aspire to make a positive change with each action they commit
Anonymous


By turning your life around you will be an inspiration to others. They will think of you when they think of good and happy things. You will truly be inspirational to people and they will feed off of your positive attitude. Soon they will be passing this joy on to others in turn. This is one way to make the entire world better

GOOD MORNING !

Did you ever try to change someone?
Most of the time the person I want or need to change is my self. But there have been times I’ve wished I could change someone’s attitude or bad behavior. I’ve so many times wanted to give advice to another person and then found myself thinking who am I to give that person advice when I can’t even take my own?

We can’t change others, but with God’s help we can change our own behavior. And when our attitude changes, it may seem as if others have changed as well. I had a boss quite a few years ago that made me tremble and shake sometimes because they had such a bad temper. You can well believe that I avoided that person when ever I could. But you know some days because I was upset I’d go home and take it out on my family. They tried to avoid me at those times too.

As wine ages and mellows with years, I guess I have too. Now a days, I don’t think there is a person alive that could make me tremble and shake. I’ve become immune to a lot of bad behavior too. More and more I’m trying to change me into the kind of person I can admire…maybe then others will too.

‘On Ya’-ma

Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of trying to change others

Author Unknown



7 comments:

Hollie said...

I agree. I definitely still need to be working on me. Have a good day...you are closer to the camper....

Hollie said...

I agree. I definitely still need to be working on me. Have a good day...you are closer to the camper....

scrappy quilter said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I tried a number of years ago to change someone. After going to a few counselling sessions I realized I couldn't change her, I could only change me. Hope the weather stays nice so you can go camping this weekend. Hugs...

Kathy said...

Such good advice. I find myself trying to change my husband all the time and it never works. I guess I need to try changing myself more and then maybe I won't be bothered if he leaves his clothes on the floor or messes the kitchen up. LOL

Kath said...

Retur soo I hope.Luv Kath xx

Cindi said...

I agree..have a good day!

Janie said...

That is so true. I feel like we all kind of mellow a little with age. :) Hope your week is going well at work. I am sure that all of you will have a wonderful time at camping. God Bless, Janie