It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 8, Book 09




A garden of asters of varying hues,

Crimson pinks and violet blues,

Blossoming in the hazy fall

Wrapped in autumn's lazy pall.
But early frost stole in one night,

And like a chilling, killing blight

It touched each pretty aster's head,

And now the garden's still and dead.
And all the lovely flowers that bloomed

Will soon be buried and entombed

In winter's icy shroud of snow;

But oh, how wonderful to know

That after winter comes the spring

To breathe new life in everything.
And all the flowers that fell in death


Will be awakened by spring's breath ...

For in God's plan both men and flowers

Can only reach "bright, shining hours"

By dying first to rise in glory

And prove again the Easter story.

Helen Steiner Rice


GOOD MORNING !


It won’t be long now and Easter will be here. Of course I already did my celebrating, but a lot of you are still trying to prepare for the festivities. We are so blessed by the new life all around us this time of year. Even though winter is having a hard time leaving our neck of the woods there are still signs of rebirth all around us.

We will probably be at the campground for Easter Day so I’ll be going to the little village church nearby. It has become my church for the camping season and I am looking forward to returning there once more. For me a Sunday without going to church just isn’t a Sunday so camping or not I’ll go.

It is OVER THE HUMP DAY for this work week. We can now slide right into the weekend.
Thursday and Friday should be a piece of cake.



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

After the clouds ... comes the sunshine!



After the winter ... comes the spring!



After the shower ... comes the rainbow!



After the night ... comes the day!

‘On Ya’-ma



8 comments:

Hollie said...

I can't wait to hear how wonderful it was for you to be back at the camper. I hope you have good weather for it.

Cindi said...

WISHING THE WEEKEND HURRIES FOR YOU!

Joan said...

Looking forward to hearing all about you weekend away. Love Joan

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you'll get to go camping. No camping around here until the long weekend in May. It just doesn't get quite warm enough. spring is arriving though...seen the first robin yesterday and the snow is quickly disappearing. Still cool temps though. Have a wonderful day...

Kathy said...

yes, I know you've been missing your weekends at the camper. I hope it comes soon for you also.

Sandra said...

we to are getting signs of Spring... the best one is the snow banks have finally melted
Happy Easter
sandra

Ora said...

Camping...nol that you will enjoy your time away...it is good to be back blogging after our trip south which wasn't all that grand but we managed to have fun anyway LOL...in spite of it all!!!! LOL...and we are having freezing weather...had quilts and blankets out in my yard protecting my early blooms that come up every year...but the sun today was delicious...so I washed everything and put them away LOL...hugs to ya...Ora in KY

Janie said...

I think I forgot to tell you the last time I commented how great the photos are on your side bar. Looks like a lot of fun for all of you. :) Easter in Kansas has green grass, normally. Dead as can be and then on Easter there is grass for the children to hunt their eggs. It always amazes me! Jesus rose.. rebirth and so does our world this time of year. Wishing you a wonderful time at the camp. It does sound like fun. Sure that you enjoy getting away with your family close by. God Bless, Janie