It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 06, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 6, Book 09

20 Keys To A Happy Life
by Author Unknown
1) Compliment 3 people everyday!
2) Watch a sunrise
3) Be the first to say "hello"
4) Treat everyone as you want to be treated
5) Live beneath your means
6) Forget the Joneses
7) Never give up on anybody - miracles happen!
8) Remember someone's name
9) Be kinder than you have to be
10) Wish not for things, but for wisdom and courage
11) Be tough-minded, but tender hearted
12) Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated
13) Keep your promises
14) Leave everything better than you found it
15) Show cheerfulness even when you don't feel it
16) Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do
17) Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years
18) When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone's day
19) Don't rain on other people's parades
20) Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them!
There is no duty we so much underrated as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world

Robert Louis Stevenson


GOOD MORNING!

Don’t we all wish sometimes that there was a magic key that we could use to open the door to happiness. Instead of wistfully wishing for the things we seek, we can take actions that will bring those things into your lifeFrom the list above, we at least have some ideas for a good start at finding that key.

I can go into to work with a smile for every one, but usually there just isn’t anyone there to SMILE at. I would compliment them if I could... There just isn’t much I can do in my line of work when there just isn’t an opportunity. It’s not like a customer service job or working with the public in nursing or teaching . But when the occasion does come, I do try to be as cheerful and kind as I can.

I found out a long time ago that no one wants to listen to someone gripe and complain all the time. Just the fact that I try to be cheerful make me feel better too.

I do wish you all a wonderful Monday. It’s a new day and a new week. We never know what surprises may come our way and being the optimist that I am, I’m hoping for only good ones for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TOAY

Cheerful thoughts like sunbeams

Lighten up the "darkest fears,

For when the heart is happy,

There's just no time for tears.
And when the face is smiling,

It's impossible to frown,

And when you are "high-spirited,

You cannot feel "low-down."
For the nature of our attitude

Toward circumstantial things,

Determines our acceptance

Of the problems that life brings.
And since fear and dread and worry

Cannot help in any way,

It's much healthier and happier

To be cheerful every day.
And if you'll only try it

You will find, without a doubt

A cheerful attitude's something

No one should be without.
For when the heart is cheerful,

It cannot be filled with fear,

And without fear, the way ahead,

Seems more distinct and clear.

Helen Steiner Rice

‘On Ya’-ma


If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it

Andy Rooney





5 comments:

Hollie said...

What a great list! I hope you will have a wonderful week, & that you will be able to make it to the camper this weekend.

LYN said...

love this list!
i needed this reminder this morning!

scrappy quilter said...

So many words of wisdom in this post. I loved the list.

Sonya said...

I love the happy list. Love to come here for some happiness!!!!!! Hope your Monday is going well. I'd say that picking only 8 blogs is working well for me. I'm getting around to them more than once a week - yay!

Alice said...

Maybe I should gripe & complain MORE. I have company running out my ears & it cuts into my blogging time way too much. I'm surprised that I've actually spent about 15 mins here in Blogger without a knock on the door :) Have a good day :)