It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 03, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 3, Book 09

FRIDAY’S FABLE

There once was an oyster
Whose story I tell,
Who found that some sand
Had got into his shell.
It was only a grain,
but it gave him great pain.
For oysters have feelings
Although they're so plain.
Now, did he berate
the harsh workings of fate
That had brought him
To such a deplorable state?
Did he curse at the government
,Cry for election,
And claim that the sea should
Have given him protection?
'No,' he said to himself
As he lay on a shell,
Since I cannot remove it,
I shall try to improve it
.Now the years have rolled around,
As the years always do,
And he came to his ultimate
Destiny ­ stew.
And the small grain of sand
That had bothered him so
Was a beautiful pearl
All richly aglow.
Now the tale has a moral,
for isn't it grand
What an oyster can do
With a morsel of sand?
What couldn't we do
If we'd only begin
With some of the things
That get under our skin.
Author Unknown


GOOD MORNING !

It is Friday and the end of one long work week! I’ve got nothing but good things coming my way this weekend, so I’d like this day to fly by. Getting together with my family will be lots of fun and I’m looking forward to it.

It won’t be the whole gang because two of my sons and their families live out of state and only once in awhile am I blessed with having the whole family together. We usually only manage that every 4 or 5 years or so.

DD and her hubby are having us all to their house. Mine no longer holds every one and as the grand babes are getting older they need some space to run and play too. They have a larger house and if the weather permits they have a big yard for the children to play in too. Of course this all means a lot less work for me too and for that I am thankful.

So as you can tell my problem of space has turned into a blessing not only for me but for my daughter too. She loves being able to have her brothers and their families around too.


Thought for Today

For every problem

Under the sun

There is a solution

Or there is none.

If there's a solution

Go and find it.

If there isn't,

Never mind it.

Author Unknown


‘On Ya’-ma



10 comments:

Hollie said...

I can't wait to hear all about your get together & hopefully enjoy your pictures...as I'm sure you will be taking some to share with us. Have a good day!

Joan said...

Have a lovely weekend with you family. Hope the weather stays nice so you can enjoy the outside space. Love Joan.

Pat said...

You have been blessed to have a
large family. While it could not
have been easy while they grew up,
now it must be wonderful when they
get together. Both of mine will
be away this weekend. Have fun. Pat

scrappy quilter said...

Oooh it's going to be so sweet to see pictures again of your family gathering. I can't wait. Have a wonderful weekend friend.

Kathy said...

Enjoy your time with your family. Take lots of pictures to share with us and hug those kidletts too.

Rose said...

Have a great time with you family. I hate that I live in Florida and my children and family live in New England.......I miss the family gatherings and the Sunday dinners together.

Enjoy Sweetie.

Hugs, Rose

Sybil said...

I will be looking forward to hearing all aboutthe weekend hopefully before I leave on Monday for my few days away to Folkstone.
Enjoy every minute you have together,,,,as if I need to say that LOL
Love sybil xx

Sandra said...

have a wonderful weekend, my daughter is having us for Easter and I can hardly wait
Sandra

Kath said...

Looking forward to seeing all your new pics which you usually show us on these occasions.ENJOY every minute.You deserve it all.How lovely Daughter is having you all over to hers.I hope the weather stays good for the children to play outside.Safe journeys to everyone.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

Have fun at your daughters..relax and let them do all of the work you have earned it.
I like the oyster one, that was cute.