It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 29, Book 09


A VALUABLE ASSET
Author Unknown
To realize the value of ONE YEAR
Ask a student who has failed his final exam.
To realize the value of ONE MONTH
Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of ONE WEEK
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of ONE DAY
Ask a daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
To realize the value of ONE HOUR
Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet or . . .
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE
Ask a person who has missed the train.
To realize the value of ONE SECOND
Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND
Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have!
And treasure it more because you share it with someone special . . .
special enough to have your time. . .

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
Dr. Seuss

GOOD MORNING !

One thing I know, maybe two, is that the older you get the faster time flies and if you don’t do it or at least write it down, you won’t remember what it was that you wanted to do at all.

It seems as camping season just began and here we are almost at the end of April already. May is arriving and there is lots going on that month too!

Thursday is another grandson’s birthday and Sunday is one of my granddaughters birthdays. May is full of birthdays and an anniversary too in my family. It’s almost as full of celebrations as April was.

My children and their children now number 24 and that keeps me busy trying to remember who is celebrating what and when. Heaven help me if I miss one.

Our summer like days are gone for now and we have returned to temps in the 60’s. One thing the warm days did was to hasten the blooms along. My lilac bush is now in full bloom and just lovely. The trees now have leaves on them. Not big ones, but the horizon is now green instead of brown and black.


Spring has finally sprung in Ohio.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A laugh is just like sunshine.
It freshens all the day

‘On Ya’-ma


4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like you have a lot of celebrating to come this month ~ wishing your Grandson and Granddaughter happy Birthdays ~ Ally x

scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree about writing everything down. Yet I still find myself forgetting where I left the note with the written thught down. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs.

Kathy said...

I love Spring. The weather changes daily and the flowers grow so fast, and the grass. And as for time passing quickly as you grow older. I remember my Mother telling me that as a child when time seemed to drag on. Now I can't believe how fast a week, a month or a year go by.

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

How wonderful to have such a large family. Just think if not for you none of them would be here.
I know you and your babes will have a fun summer.
I love the birds in the popcorn.