It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 28, Book 09




This is the beginning of a new day ...
I have been given me this day
To use as I will.
I can waste it ... or use it for good,
But what I do today is important
Because I am exchanging
A day of my life for it!
When tomorrow comes,
This day will be gone forever,
Leaving in its place
Something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain ...
and not loss;
Good ... and not evil;
Success ... and not failure;
In order that I shall not regret
The price that I have paid for it
I will try just for today,
For you never fail ...
Until you stop trying.
Author Unknown


GOOD MORNING!

If we think of doing something for just one day…it doesn’t seem as bad as saying I will do it for a week or for the rest of my life.

For just a day I can clean up my house, and for just a day I can stop snacking. For just a day I can put up with the rain. For just a day I can smile. For just a day I can think positive. For just a day I won’t gossip. The list could go on and on. I always do try to live my life just one day at a time. Today I’ll go to work and do the best I can…I can do that for just today.

Our weather has been extreme the past few days. I’m not sure if we set any records, but we must have come close. For just a few days I had the joy of getting my summer clothing out of the closet. It felt so good to be warm.

Yesterday we were at 88 degrees. Today we are going to have a high of 66.

If you stop and think about it almost any thing is possible for just a day.



THOUGHT FOR TODAY



If you want a place in the sun ...

You've got to up with a few Blisters!

‘On Ya’-ma


8 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Up to 90 here today until the front comes thru, I hate the heat!

Cindi ;) said...

I'm going to find my place in the sun today...going to the pool for a little while...lol

scrappy quilter said...

It's very cool here and not warming up much. Those pictures and the poem are wonderful. Hugs..

Hollie said...

I agree to take it one day at a time! Why worry about tomorrow, because it just might not come. Live today the very best way that you know how. That's my motto....

Kathy said...

Looks like the whole country is having this up and down weather. You have a good way of looking at life. One day at a time is the smart way of facing the day to day tasks that are less than exciting. I hope your day goes well.

Sonya said...

lol...putting up with a few blisters to get a place in the sun. lol

Hope your week is going well.
Sonya

Janie said...

Awwww that is how I do it!! lol Just say I am going to clean house for one day. When I do it almost kills me from being bored. lol Soon the weather will be nice and I will be in the garage making arrangements for Memorial Day. Pictures on side are nice and looks like a nice time. Hope you have a blessed week. I have been busy with company and virus!! God Bless, Janie

Sybil said...

It is good to comeon this morning ater my few days away up to Scotland and find that you have had a good weekend. Loved the photographs as always. It is so goo dthat you have a wonderful place like that for the summer months when you can recharge the batteries..
Much Love Sybil xx