It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 27, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 09



It is clear the future holds great opportunities. It also holds pitfalls. The trick will be to avoid the pitfalls, seize the opportunities, and get back home by six o'clock
Woody Allen


GOOD MORNING!

I made it back home safe and sound and am refreshed and renewed for another work week. It’s hard to believe that this is the last week of April and come Friday we’ll be welcoming a new month.

Once the weather gets nice it really seems as though time flies.

When I got home I headed to the front porch yesterday evening to scrub away some of the winter grime that definitely needed to go as porch sitting weather has finally come. That was about the sum of total of anything else done at my house yesterday. It was 87 degrees. This is what we usually have in July and August here. Not April for sure.

The weekend was wonderfully warm and sunny. I was not prepared for it being so hot though. I should have taken tank tops and shorts with me. I did have some capris and short sleeve shirts and that is what I wore. Now I have what is commonly called a farmers tan. You can see the line where my shirt sleeves ended. I love to soak up the sun and had to spend part of the time in the shade as I was too warm. I can’t even believe I said that…I was just freezing a couple of days ago.

I find it difficult to go back to work this morning. I would rather be sitting there in my chair rocking away and listening to the birds singing as the sun comes up over the hill.

Hope your Monday is a great one and you find lots of blessings coming your way.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Frequently remind yourself that God is with you, that He will never fail you, that you can count upon him

Norman Vincent Peale


'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

love the pics...looks like a great weekend...lovely quote ;)

Hollie said...

It's been hot here too. Last week I had the heat on & now the ac.

It looks like another great weekend. Thanks for sharing your photos.

I hope you have a good day & a wonderful week.

Alice said...

Good morning, Pam. I wish you could still be sitting there in the sun, too. It's sort of hard to read your entry cause I'm too busy looking at your pictures. The warm temps are so nice here but the wind is nonstop as usual this time of year. Have a good day :)

Kathy said...

How nice to have a tan in April in Ohio huh? So glad you are enjoying your weekends again with the family and the sunshine. Have a blessed week.

scrappy quilter said...

Glad is was nice and warm and you had a wonderful weekend. Just think, next year you will be retired and able to stay the whole summer. Hugs..

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

I love the sun too, glad you are getting some.
I need to clean up my patio deck as well.
I hope you have an easy week and it goes by quickly for you.

Joan said...

All that sunshine in the pictures looks lovely send some to me please.Glad you had a restful weekend.Love Joan

Janie said...

We had the air conditioner on and then last night turned on the heater?? Too funny! Glad you had a wonderful time. Blessings, Janie