It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 23, Book 09


SIMPLE THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR IN YOUR DAILY LIFE
That we live in peace is a great blessing
You have good friends
You are healthy
You have enough financially
You live in an age of medical breakthroughs
You have electricity
You can communicate in an instant
You have abundant entertainment options
You live in an age of instant knowledge transfer
You can travel quickly and conveniently
You have good law in place
The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things of life
Robert Louis Stevenson

GOOD MORNING
As we’ve become wealthier, people seem to be adding more and more things to their homes. They then use their homes, and treasures, to justify what they have won in the game of life. I know that I’ve accumulated a lot of clutter in my living space and my inner space
Fewer belongings mean we have fewer possessions to worry about. The less we have, the more attention we can give those things we own and truly need on a regular basis. Nothing external to us can give us permanent and true happiness. We actually have all we need to be truly happy within us
Spending time with family and friends, laughing, enjoying the antics of a pet, seeing a child smile, experiencing intimate and heart-felt moments with a loved one - these times are precious, and free
We need to be content with all the small gifts in our life, things we might take for granted like our body, our home, our good health, the chair we sit on, the computers we have
Enjoy the simple things you do every day. We can find so much happiness in the small everything things
Confucius said:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Things are only worth what you make them worth.
Moliere


‘On Ya’ - ma






5 comments:

Hollie said...

I agree...it seems like the more people have...the more they want. I try to always enjoy the simple & little things. I think bird watching is one of the simple things that I truly enjoy soooo much.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Soon it will be back to the camp ground for you....

Kathy said...

Such good advice as always. I need to go through my house and give away everything that is excess. And I sure have a lot of it. I hope your day goes well.

scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree....we need to learn contentment. What did Paul say...I have learn to be content. I think it's something we have to work on daily. Thanks for the gentle reminder... Hugs.

Melanie said...

That is sooooo true!!


Melanie

Janie said...

My husband likes to go to garage sales and autions. I told him the other day that when we buy stuff that we do not need.. it is like hoarding up stuff. I really don't like garage sales like I use to. I don't need much now that I am older. lol Hope you have a blessed week and soon it will be time to go to your trailer. :) Blessings, Janie