It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 22, Book 09


Laughter lifts us over high ridges and lights up dark valleys in a way that makes life so much easier. It is a priceless gem,a gift of release and healing direct from Heaven.
Alan Cohen

GOOD MORNING !
Laughter is a driving force behind almost all friendships, and when your face is red just try to remember that it will soon be someone else's turn - and that you'll be laughing when that happens! If you can embrace your disgrace and laugh with the others, it'll be forgotten quicker. If it isn't, at least in future people will laugh with you, rather than at you. Everyone messes up now and then so if you can take it in your stride and see the funny side, you'll be a much happier person, especially if you can learn from it!

We get so caught up in our anxieties, embarrassments, frustrations and upsets that we carry them around with us throughout the day. But when we find a way to laugh at them, they lose their emotional grip on us and recede into the background

Life is too short to be serious all the time, and laughter is, as everyone knows, one of the best medicines and will help to de-stress your life. Next time you do something ridiculous, see the funny side - just laugh, and if people laugh with you, you can feel good about making them feel good!

I’m always laughing at myself. Sometimes I wonder where my mind went and other times I’m sure I must have been born a half wit. Laughing at my self is better than crying and when it’s hard to find something to laugh about I can always find something about me to laugh at for sure.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others

‘On Ya’
-ma


7 comments:

Hollie said...

I have to laugh at myself a lot. It seems I just have a gift for getting myself into messes & the best way out is to laugh at myself.

Pat said...

MA,
I have a new title for you. I
know you said that yours was
Office Manager, but I have
dubbed you Attitude Adjuster!
When my attitude needs aligning
I head straight for your blog.
Thanks, Pat

scrappy quilter said...

I have to agree with Pat. What a wonderful name for you. I agree with the laughter. My hubby is the best for this...he is always laughing. Hugs..

Kathy said...

What a great reminder to keep laughing at ourselves and not to take ourselves too seriously. Have a wonderful day MA.

Elizabeth said...

A wonderful post!
Elizabeth

It's Just Katie! said...

I give myself plenty of reasons to laugh throughout the day. Thanks for sharing your reads. Take care and enjoy your Today!
Katie

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

I love to laugh, haven't been doing much of it lately.

good reminder.