It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 21, Book 09



Some people sit, some people try;
Some people laugh, some people cry;
Some people will, some people won't;
Some people do, some people don't.
Some people believe, and develop a plan;
Some people doubt, never think that they can;
Some people face hurdles and give it their best;
Some people back down when faced with a test.
Some people complain of their miserable lot;
Some people are thankful for all that they've got;
And when it’s all over, when it comes to an end;
Some people lose out, and some people win.
We all have a choice, we all have a say;
We are spectators in life, or we get in and play;
Whichever we choose, how we handle life’s game;
The choices are ours, no one else is to blame.
Author Unknown

All of life comes down to the many wonderful choices we make each day. Let's use them to choose a lifetime of love, joy, peace, happiness, goodness, delight, and oneness with God for ourselves. Let's use them to bless the world, help others, and bring truth, joy, love, and light to everyone we meet.
Joseph J. Mazzella

GOOD MORNING !

After a gloomy old Monday filled with clouds and rain, I thought maybe I’d better work at getting my attitude back in shape or I’d never be able to make it through this work week. The weekend was filled with sunshine warmth and fun. Going back to work and being chilled with the rain and wind I came home Monday evening feeling like I should just hang it up and go to bed.

Choices are something we all make for ourselves. Sometimes we just go along with the flow and join the crowd by complaining. It does us very little good though. I can complain all I want, but it will still rain.

So I’m going to take the advice from the wise people in the poem and quote above and choose to bring a little sunshine to others and just maybe in doing so I’ll help myself out at the same time.

Spring in northern Ohio is full of ups and downs for sure. I won’t let the weather get me down; I’m going to make my own sunshine somehow. I think I’ll start with a SMILE.

The reality of our lives may result from many outside factors, none of which we can control. The only thing we can really control in this life is our own mental attitudes


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today I smiled, and all at once
Things didn't look so bad.
Today I shared with someone else,
A little bit of hope I had
Today I sang a little song,
And felt my heart grow light.
I walked a happy little mile,
With not a cloud in sight
Today I worked with what I had,
And longed for nothing more,
And what had seemed like only weeds,
Were flowers at my door.
Today I loved a little more,
And complained a little less.
And in the giving of myself,
I forgot my weariness.
Author Unknown


You can't make someone else's choices.
You shouldn't let someone else make yours

Colin Powell


‘On Ya’ - ma



8 comments:

Hollie said...

It was another rainy day here yesterday. It's cool this morning. I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Pat said...

Pam, Missed your words of wisdom
this weekend, but knew you were
basking in the bliss of family
camping.
I felt led to go to your other
journal, The Bright Side. I had
never been there before, but I
found just as much inspiration
there. Thank you so much. Pat

Rose said...

I woke up to the sounds of thunder and heavy rain this morning!

I always enjoy reading your posts!

Yes, we all have choices.

Hugs, Rose

Cindi ;) said...

We're still wanting some rain down here in SWFL. It's dry as a bone..it might, might, might come today...Have a good work day!

Kathy said...

Such good advice. I know it helps to do that too. The good thing is that it's spring and the crazy weather is only temporary. The sun will return and make for beautiful flowers and green lawns. It also makes our outlook so much brighter. Enjoy your week. Are you going to the camper again this weekend?

Sybil said...

Sending cuddles and hugs and smiles your way to make sure you go to bed happy tonight xx

It has been a lovely day here today a borrowed from summer day as it has been so sunny and even warm. I will be away from tomorrow till probabily Monday up to Scotland to see two dear old friends. Will miss seeing your wise words. Take care and have a lovely weekend.
Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

Such good advice. I'm going to need to print out that poem because we are now in +20C weather and on Friday we will be at +2C and snow. I have to remember to this is still April here and we can get still get snow. Hugs..

Doris the Great said...

You're so right about our attitude. Enjoy life!

Thanks for the positive note on my blog.