It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 20, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 20, Book 09



I got a dozen roses,
From a friend the other day,
But I only have one left,
For I gave them all away.
I gave one to my sister,
Who to me is very dear,
In hopes that it will bring to her
A little floral cheer.
I took one to a friend
Who's not feeling very well;
The flower or the visit
Which helped more ...
I could not tell.
One went to a friend
I haven't known for very long;
She struggles ... so in some small way
I hope this helps her carry on
The rest went to the ones
Who've helped me in so many ways;
They have been a cheerful presence
On my very dreary days.
The roses were so pretty
I just could not keep them all,
Except one single bud standing
Beautiful and tall
My friend gave me the flowers
To help brighten up my day,
But the biggest joy
I received
Was in giving them away.
Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !
So sorry I do not have any roses to give away today. But I would if I could.
The only thing I’m giving to you today is some of the pictures I took of my 3 day weekend. Some don’t care for the out of doors or camping, but I thought maybe you might enjoy my joy which is being out with nature in all its glory and being with my family. Of course the ones I get to share a campsite with are only a small part of the family, but for now it has to make do.

There will be other times I can share more of them, but sadly not often enough.
I enjoyed sunshine and warm weather Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunday the clouds moved in but it didn’t start raining til I was home and that made for a perfect weekend.
I’m off to work as usual this morning. I hope your week is off to a great start. A new week, a new day and new moments to enjoy!
‘On Ya’-ma
THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every flower that ever bloomed

Had to go through

A whole lot of dirt to get there!



12 comments:

Sugar said...

great pics, ty for sharing them. :)
glad it was nice weather & y'all had a fun time.
huggies...

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I know it is your favorite place to be and you look so forward to the spring and summer months so you can be with the family in your camper. Enjoy your week.

Cindi ;) said...

thx for sharing your weekend! love the pics

scrappy quilter said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing a part of your weekend. So nice to hear you had great weather. It froze here last night...no camping yet. Hugs..

Sybil said...

What a wonderful weekend you sure had. Lets hope that was the first of many many happy weekends this year. The photographs were great we now can visulise you when you are away. And I can just see you sitting round the camp fire in your lovely new poncho !!
Thank you so much for sharing it all with us.
Much Love Sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Glad the weather was good for you ~ sounds like you had a great time ~ Loved the pictures and your New Decj furniture ~ Ally x

Ora said...

I can tell you had a wonderful camping week end...got lotsa work done also...and cannot beat the company...right??? it has stopped raining here for now...and the sun is shining...but it is chilly...I need days and days of sunshine LOL...have a good week...hugs from Ora in KY PS>..I do believe I am getting the "camping fever" just from your camping enthusiasm!!!

Joan said...

Sound and looks like a great weekend. It was nice here too after all the cold wind we had last week. Hills do pose a problem as the years catch up with us. Pictures are great. Love Joan.

Elizabeth said...

I just discovered your blog. I love it ! I will be back.
Elizabeth

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

yOUR Grandchildren are so cute..love the pictures. have a good week ahead.

Hollie said...

Gosh, it's such a beautiful place. I love your new furniture. I wish I could just drag up a chair with you guys!!!

Janie said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, as usual. :) Bet you will be ready for this weekend too. lol Have a blessed week. Janie