It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 2, Book 09


SHOULD YOU…
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Should you find it hard to get to sleep tonight; Just remember thehomeless family who has no bed to lie in.
Should you find yourself stuck in traffic; don't despair. There arepeople in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.
Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has beenout of work for the last three months.
Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the personwho has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.
Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the womanin some third world country, working twelve hours a day, seven days aweek, for $15.00 to feed her family.
Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance;Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.
Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancerpatient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.
Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering; what is life allabout, what is my purpose? Be thankful, there are those who didn'tlive long enough to get the opportunity.
Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness,ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could beworse. You could be them!!!
Should you feel depressed because of your weight; Remember, thereis no cure for AIDS

GOOD MORNING!

There is always something to be thankful for even when things are going wrong in the worst way. Trying to remember that isn’t easy but it does help.

Sometimes I bemoan the fact that there is no one home anymore and that I am by myself, but there are many times, especially lately that I’m thankful there is no one around. I’ve become lazy to a point. I don’t have to come home from work and make dinner or do dishes. If I don’t have leftovers to heat up, I choose a bowl of cereal with a banana for my dinner.

I usually do dishes once a week. Most of the time I use paper plates and plastic silverware. When I have beds to make, there is just one and when I have laudry to do there is usually at the most 3 loads of it a week.

I have to admit I could do more than I do, but there really is no need. My valuable time in the evenings is spent doing more important things. I have e-mails to write and books to read.

But the truth of the matter is, when all is said and done…it really is no fun living by myself.

I’m happy that the camping season is starting soon, because for a couple of days every week, I’ll have family right next door. I’ll have 3 of my grand’babes’ to enjoy and do things with and I’ll have a nice campfire to sit around with others and enjoy having someone to talk to.

There is some good and bad in everything and right now I’d say I have the best of both worlds…being by myself and being with family and friends.
'On Ya'-ma

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
The most important part of vehicle maintenance is clean windows - so if you are broken down, you can still enjoy the beauty of the view.
Dan Eldon



8 comments:

Hollie said...

I know there's good things & also bad things about living alone. Not long now to camping season though. Have a wonderful day!

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

I like this post, I too take things for granted.
Have you ever thought of maybe taking a singles trip. Who knows you may find love again.
But as long as you are happy that is all that matters.
Take care,

Kath said...

I know exactly how you feel regarding living alone Ma.I know just how much that company means to you when the camping season starts.It's wonderful to have company and a nice long chat.I feel living alone makes one lazy at times too.Love the thought for today.I hope your day is a good one with a smile or two and some sunshine.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I really like the "should you". It really puts things into perspective. Camping season is just around the corner... hugs

Kathy said...

Good post today. It makes us realize how much we take for granted. I sometimes wish I lived alone but I really don't want to try it. I am glad camping season is coming soon. It's always nice to be around the grandkids.

Sybil said...

Thanks for todays post and every other day of course. Just that sometimes your words just strike a cord..I should be living alone..however I have my friend Mary who technically lives next door... she arrives at my door at around 8.30 in the morning and leaves again around 6.30 in the evening...most days I'm ok about it but there are many days to when I long to be living alone !! Still if she were not here life would be much quieter and I am sure that I wouldn't eat so well certainly wouldn't be cooking each day !!
The lovely spring time has really arrived now and we are enjoying the sunshine even if it;s not quite warm yet.
I look forward to hearing all about your first visit to the camp ground.
Much Love Sybil xx

Pat said...

I know what you mean. There's times
that I like being alone, but most
of the time I long for someone to
share thoughts and ideas. Only one
of the reasons for blogging.
Did you know there is a "Meet and
Greet" being planned for April of
next year in Louisville? I do not
know how far it would be for you,
but would you like to attend?

Janie said...

Very good read and ever so true. I must admit that this evening I wished I lived by myself. hehe Gary can just drive me crazy with unimportant things. lol I just had to take a deep breath and force myself to not stress. That can be hard on a person sometimes. lol I think I could do 3 loads a day. Don't understand why at this time of our life. lol I think it is nice that you can read and take it easy. When you retire you can do more things at home. :) God Bless, Janie