It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 13, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 13, Book 09



When I'm out in nature, I feel a stronger sense of gratitudeand awe, and I see more clearly just how beautiful thisworld is. I need that feeling every once in a while if I'm tokeep a clear perspective in my daily life on just what is trulyimportant and just what isn't. We nourish our souls whenwe get in touch with nature, and our souls are the partof ourselves that we so often neglect.
Tom Walsh


GOOD MONDAY MORNING!
I’m home from my weekend trip to the campsite and I’ll be off to work as usual in just a little bit. It was so great to be back at my ‘little place in the woods’. The weather was a tad on the cold side in the mornings and nights, but the afternoons were comfortable so we enjoyed being outside then. Sunday morning DD’s dogs water in their water dish on their deck was frozen. That is how cold it got.
I went to the little village church for Easter and had to scrape heavy frost off my car windows before I could leave. By the time I got back to the camper, I was able to sit on the deck outside and enjoy my good cup of coffee.
My camper had two little visitors caught in the traps I had left behind. Their vacation time had expired. I’m not sure if they had other friends or not but will find out next week when I go as I re-sat the traps. That is one of the things I don’t like about being in the woods, but it is a small thing compared to the joys I receive.
I put a few pictures on the side bar for you all to see. Every weekend from here on out I’ll be taking more so will have something new for you to see from now til the end of October when we close the campers once more.
It’s back to work today!
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Never lose an opportunity of

seeing anything that is beautiful,

for beauty is God's handwriting--
a wayside sacrament. Welcome it
in every fair face,
in every fair sky,
in every flower,
and thank God
for it as a cup of blessing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

‘On Ya’-ma

12 comments:

Linda said...

I am so jealous! I want to start camping now too! Linda

Ora said...

Hi Ma...well I think it is all very very nice out there but I am not a camper...but sure love to visit a while with folks that do!!! LOL..I can tell from the excitemtn in your blog just how much you enjoy it...happy day to ya...hugs...Ora in KY

Cindi ;) said...

Oh, boy I cant wait for you to take us to your campsite again...love the stories & pics thx for sharing

Hollie said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I have missed you, but I'm so glad that you are able to get back into those woods. Thanks for sharing your photos.....makes me want a camper & go camping. Who knows maybe one day hubby & I can buy a camper & have our own little place in the woods. It will be after COlt gets grown & out on his own....can't afford one now.

Jan said...

How lovely ,that the camping season is here again ,I love to hear all about your wekkend breaks with the family ,and pictures too ,what a bonus ..love Jan xx

Joyful Days said...

Sounds chilly, but refreshing! Just lovely to look at.

Have a great week!

Julie

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you are able to go camping again. I know how much you enjoy it. I had forgotten you had this journal. I will come read this one more regularly.
Have a good week!

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you were able to go camping and have a time of relaxation. The pictures are great. Have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs..

Joan said...

Have experienced frozen water in a caravan many years ago it does get cold out in the open at this time of year but never the less it is enjoyable to be outdoors again after a long winter. We managed a bit of birdwatching today lovely sunshine all weekend but a cold wind today. Glad you had such a enjoyable time this weekend.Love Joan

Sandra said...

it is starting to look so nice there already and that pretty chair is just the right touch. now I hope we all get a bit warmer soon
Sandra

Sybil said...

Oh Ma, I am so happy for you. Your happiness at being back in the woods is tangable (not sure of that spelling !!) I can feel it seeping into my bones as well. The photographs are so lovely. I am looking forward to many more Monday reviews !!
God Bless,
Love Sybil xx

Janie said...

Great photos and it won't be long until everything is all green and pretty. Glad you had a wonderful time. Hope you have a blessed week. Janie