It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 10, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 09


RAINDROPS KEEP FALLIN' ON MY HEAD
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head,
they keep fallin'
So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head,
they keep fallin'
But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me'
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me
words by Hal David, music by Burt Bacharach lyrics as recorded by B.J. Thomas (#1 for 4 weeks in 1970)

GOOD MORNING !

We are supposed to have rain today so I’ll go to the camper tomorrow morning. We are supposed to have sunny skies and temps in the middle 40’s for the weekend. This will be my last entry til Monday morning. I will take lots of pictures for you all to see and if time permits I’ll get them on the side bar of this journal by Sunday evening.

The good Lord willing, and the creek don’t rise, I’ll be in my little place in the woods which is pretty close to being a little bit of heaven.

‘On Ya’-ma


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Stop complaining and start living!

First you have to come to terms with yourself. Tell yourself what it is you complain most about and realize that not only is it bad for others it is really bad for you and for your health

Recognize when you are complaining. The truth of the matter is that most of us don't even realize when we are complaining

Make a list and memorize it of happy times and thoughts and all the good things in your life, like family or friends, or even a pizza place you like! Think about these wonderful lovely things. No matter how bad your life may be, we all get sunshine some days! If nothing else think of that, or puppies or childrens' laughter, whatever it takes

When you feel yourself about to complain, stop, take a deep breath and think about how lucky you are to be alive on this great planet. We are so blessed in this life, just to have breath. Think on that for awhile. It works for me and hopefully it will work for you

Author Unknown






10 comments:

Sonya said...

Good morning...wow that sounds cold for camping. I know you can't wait for some comfy weather. TAke care and we'll hear from you Monday.

scrappy quilter said...

Have a wonderful, fun filled weekend, my friend. Happy Easter!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love todays "Thought of the Day"...more people should try it...!!!

Have a Blessed Holiday...enjoy your camper....LindaMay

Linda said...

How exciting!! Ours is out of storage and in the driveway, just waiting to go to the grounds! Linda

Kathy said...

I know how excited you are about going to your camper. I hope it has a heater. If not dress warmly and enjoy your weekend. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Blessings to you and your family.

Joan said...

Was it really 1071 that song came out can't believe it. Love Joan

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

Happy Easter~
Hope you have fun at the camper.
We are getting bad storms here this evening.
Hoping it will clear up by tomorrow.

Carlene Noggle said...

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend ....You are right...most of us don't even stop to think about us complaining...when we should be so grateful for all God's blessings.
love ya,
carlene

Janie said...

I moved from Fla. to Kansas in 1970 and that song played all the way!! lol Everytime I hear it I think of that trip. :) Hope you have a blessed Easter at the camp. God Bless, Janie

ADB said...

Happy Easter!