It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 09



The angel of April is the spirit of rebirth.
As the days grow longer and the sun begins to warm us and the earth, April is a time for new life and new beginnings.
The angel of April spurs us to test ourselves in new direction and to make ourselves vulnerable in the face of unfamiliar people, situations and places.
Encouraged by the April angel, we search for new and novel endeavors that will enrich our lives and bring new meaning to our career or family roles.
The April angel teaches us to delight with each sign of awakening, in nature and within ourselves
.
GOOD MORNING !
I’m so glad that April is here and warmer weather will soon be coming our way. Of course we get plenty of showers in the month of April but that will only help with spurting new growth. We just can’t complain when there are places out in California having drought conditions now for 3 years.
I will be delighting in nature as April 3rd our campground opens its gates once more and I can go camping every week again. This coming weekend I’ll be celebrating with my family at DD’s as we do our Easter Feast on Saturday the 4th, but come the following weekend, weather permitting I will be camping. The water may not be turned on yet if it remains cold, but I’ll make do.
Today is April Fools Day but I’ve no tricks to play on you, just be forewarned. It seems someone always manages to catch me with at least one or two. A couple of ideas for you to trick your family might be making some meatloaf cupcakes or fish stick cookies…wouldn’t that be a surprise for them.
As long as it is harmless and done in fun it can be a day to celebrate for sure.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY
It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and leave no doubt
Mark Twain
‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved your thought for the day ~ Ally x

Hollie said...

Yea, camping is right around the corner for you! I know you are sooooo glad. I can't wait to see pictures. It's raining here again this morning...not going to complain though, because it could be like you said. Have a great day!

scrappy quilter said...

We are getting snow and high winds. I am so wanting spring.
I just keep remembering that it will arrive in all it's splender, everything bursting forth with new birth.

Have a super day..

Janie said...

LOL The quote about being still is too cute! I have stuck my food in my mouth a number of times. lol It might rain, be cold, but there is usually green grass on Easter Day in Kansas. :) A new birth... so like when Jesus rised. Depending on how we look at things.. everything is beautiful that God made... even the ice on the trees through a ice storm. :) Hope your day is going well. I have not been home too long from the funeral. God Bless, Janie

Kath said...

I am as happy as you the weather is warming that little bit more.Also like yourself looking forward to going to the coast more when the weather gets warmer.I know how much you have longed to go along camping again.I hope the little pests havn't been to visit you again though.It's good to be back reading you once more.We have been given out a lovely sunny day for tomorrow so it will be spent cutting my three lawns.Phew it's hard work but so enjoyable,it can rain then all it likes in the evening to sprinkle them for me LOL!!God is Good.I think we have finally made it through that long long winter thank goodness.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Rose said...

It is 90 degrees in my neck of the woods today and definitely a pool day for me!

Enjoyed your thought of the day.

Hugs, Rose