It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 09, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 9. Book 09


Everything in the world we want to do or get done, we must do with and through people. Every dollar we will ever earn must come from people. The person we love, and with whom we want to spend the rest of our life, is a human being with whom we must interact. Our children are individuals, each different from any other person who ever lived. And what affects them most is our attitude--the loving kindness they see and feel whenever we are around them. If you'll begin to develop and maintain an attitude that says yes to life and the world, you'll be astonished at the changes you'll see.
Earl Nightingale

PROVERB FOR TODAY


A wise woman strengthens her family
But a foolish woman destroys hers by what she does.

Proverbs 14:1

GOOD MORNING !

The party is over and being the ‘birthday girl’ is over too for another year. Reality sets back in and it’s Monday and a work day for me.

As I was reading the quote above I thought about just how different each of my children are and yet they all are a part of the same family, each raised in much the same way. Their own personalities emerged even though the backgrounds were the same. We are all unique, but we all do need other people for sure. One thing we all have in common. With out others in our lives we’d not be complete.

Just the fact that I have a car to drive shows my dependence on someone else. I couldn’t make one of those for myself for sure. There are those that say they don’t need others, but I’d like to see anyone make a go of it by themselves.

Today I’m off to that job that I have due to the fact that someone needed a secretary…And I was the one. Actually my job title is office manager, because that is what I do. It couldn’t run very well with out me there so I guess I’ll be off . Have a great day all !


TODAY’S BLESSING

May joy and peace surround you,
Contentment latch your door,
And happiness be with you now,
And bless you evermore

‘On Ya’-ma

My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked: "No, how are we alike?"
"You're both old," he replied

9 comments:

Kath said...

We do need other people thats true.A I have said so happy you had a wonderful Birthday weekend.Yes it's strange how our children are all differant.Love the todays Blessing.I hope the sun shines for you today even if you are working.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Cindi said...

hope your monday is great!!!!
love the pics!

Sugar said...

well you might not be the birthday girl for another year, but your "our girl" every day of the year. such a delightful blog/journal to read, & such a delightful lady behind it.
have a wonderful week, & God bless...

Joyce said...

So happy, you are happy, independent...and love your job...and have one! Have a wonderful day...hugs and love,
Joyce

scrappy quilter said...

This is the second blog I visit daily that had contentment on it. I'm definitely needing that.

Have a wonderful day. I totally agree, we really are dependant on others. Even more so, I'm also so very glad were totally dependant on God.

Kathy said...

Your pictures look so nice. You are so lucky to have your family all there for your special day. Let us know how you like your new camera.

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

Sounds like you had a good birthday! You are blessed for sure to be able to go and do all that you do, and those beautiful grandchildren.
Happy Birthday

Hollie said...

You're special to us everyday! I hope you have had a wonderful Monday!

Janie said...

Ever so true. Live would sure be dull without others. :) Hope your work week goes well. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday by the photos. God Bless, Janie