It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 30, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 30, Book 09






At the day-care center where Joan worked,
some of the children were telling her about their siblings.
My brother takes horseback-riding lessons, bragged one.
My sister takes gymnastics, said another.
Not to be outdone, the youngest piped up,
My sister takes antibiotics!


PROVERB FOR TODAY

Pride leads only to shame
It is wise to be humble

Provers 11:2

GOOD MORNING ALL !

Eating humble pie is something I know a lot about. I’ve never had a moment of pride with out it coming back at me and hitting me square in the face. I remember as a young mom saying how good my children were and that they would never do that…only to have them turn around and do it .

I once worked really hard at making myself a pants and shirt outfit. I was so proud of having sewn that outfit with my own two hands. A friend of mine later pointed out how crooked the seam down the back was. I was so embarrassed
.

being humble, is the defining characteristic of an unpretentious and modest person, someone who does not think that he or she is better or more important than others

Here are some actions anyone can learn to be more humble:

Make sure you take every opportunity you have to thank others for what they do and what they help you with. People don’t accomplish anything on their own and it always takes help from others. Thank them for this help

Redirecting praise is useful to be more humble and modest. If you don’t accept praise outright and instead, redirect it to others who helped you, trained you or even allowed you to do something, you pass on that praise to others without taking the credit directly

A humble person never tries to out do someone else and make themselves look better or smarter. This includes having to be right

People are constantly striving for success and they often feel very proud of themselves for getting to where they are at. Humble people are not proud and know that they didn’t get themselves here. They know that others helped them, encouraged them and assisted them to get to where they are now

First is not necessarily a bad thing, however being first can come across as competitive, self promoting or demoting of others. None of those things are common for a humble person

So many things around us are not our doing; we often forget to see our own insignificance since we get so focused on our own lives and accomplishments. Well to be humble, its importance to recognize and appreciate all the wonderful things around us

Last but not least, a very important aspect of being humble is to not judge others. Judgment is a dangerous thing and you can’t stay open minded, receptive to ideas, empathetic or appreciative of others if you are judging them or their ideas

I do hope your week is off to good start and that this Monday will be a day of only wonderful things.



TODAY’S BLESSING

May your day be filled with blessings

Like the sun that lights the sky,

And may you always have the courage

To spread your wings and fly

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

What a wonderful entry. Being humble is a wonderful thing. I like you have had prideful moments come back & bite me. So, I strive to not be that way.

Sugar said...

good entry. i agree with you.
have a lovely week.
huggies...

scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful and very wise entry. Like you I too have had prideful moments that always come back on me. It's something I have to work on daily.

Pat said...

Humility is a great virtue. My dad
was a very humble man but a great
one. He let others sing his praises. He was a good role model.

Kathy said...

Good post, I have also eaten my share of humble pie. I hope you have a beautiful week and some nice weather too.

Pat said...

Humility is a wonderful virtue.
My dad was a humble man but a great
one. He let others sing his praises. He was a good role model.

Kath said...

I have eaten plenty humble pie too Ma.The word humble always reminds me of my Father.He always used to greet people at the door by saying, "Welcome to our humble abode".Lovely posting.Have a lovely day.I hope the sun shines for you and you feel much better one layer lighter he-He.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Janie said...

So very true. I could not even breath unless my Lord wanted me to. lol Sorry I haven't gotten over here. Electric out and then this afternoon thundering like crazy!! Sun was shining and thunder and rain. My Granny use to say that meant that the devil was beating his wife. lol Hope you have a blessed week... Mondays are hard. God Bless, Janie