It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 27, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 27, Book 09

A Fable for Friday

Once upon a time there was a little grape stem. This stem was so glad to be alive... She drank water and minerals from the soil and grew and grew. She was young and strong and could manage quite well... all by Herself -- or so she thought. But then, the wind was cruel, the rain was harsh, the snow was not one bit understanding, and the little grape stem suffered. She drooped, weak and suffering. It would be so easy to stop trying to grow, to stop trying to live.
The grape stem became weak! The winter was long, and the stem was weary. But then the little grape stem heard a voice. It was another grape stem calling out to her... "Here, reach out... hang on to me." But the stem hesitated. "What would this mean?" she thought, for you see, the little stem had always managed quite well... all by herself. But then, every so cautiously, she reached out towards the other grape stem. "See, I can help you" it said. "Just wind your tendrils about me and I will help you lift your head."
And the little stem trusted... and suddenly she could stand straight again. The wind came, and the rain, and the snow, but when it came, the grape stem was clinging to many other stems. And although the stems were swayed by the wind, frozen by the snow, they stood strongly united to each other.
And in their group supporting strength they could all smile and grow. Then, one day the little stem looked down and saw a tiny stem, swaying, frightened. And 'our' grape stem said, "Here, hang on... I will help you."
And the other little stem reached up to 'our' grape stem, and together all the stems grew... leaves budded... flowers bloomed... and finally, grapes formed... and all the grapes fed many.

Author Unknown

PROVERB FOR TODAY

She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26

GOOD MORNING !

In Proverbs 31 the woman keeps company with her God, she seeks His guidance, His wisdom, spends time in His presence, reads His Word and instills it into her heart. The experiences she has in her life are shaped by how much God is in her life and as she goes through life she seeks His support and guidance in dealing with the things of life

Are we as careful with our spiritual health as our physical health?
There's nothing appealing about foul language coming out of anyone’s mouth. It's not just language that can get us into trouble though. Let's not forget the other things that come out of our mouths too. Unkind words, harsh comments, nagging, gossiping, and complaining are some of things to avoided sure.

It’s so easy when we are tired or stressed to say the wrong things. These words can be apologized for, but the hurt they’ve left behind will still linger. Counting to 10 is often a good rule before saying something that will be regretted.

Helpful and kind words like the little stem received in the story today are so valuable. They encourage those that need it and warm their hearts.

I’m really going to think about what I have to say today, and hopefully tomorrow too. I want to make someone feel special and good about their selves, not the other way round.

Today is FRIDAY! My favorite day of the week and I know it’ll be a good one! I hope yours is a good one too!

TODAY’S BLESSING

May you understand the strength and power of God.
In a thunderstorm in Winter,
And the quiet beauty of creation,
In the calm of a Summer sunset,
And may you come to realize,that,
insignificant as you may seem in this great Universe,
You are an important part of God's plan.
May "HE" watch over you and keep you safe from harm

‘On Ya’-ma

If you do your best, don't mind the rest.
Irish Proverb


6 comments:

Alice said...

It looks like a good day to me, too:)

Cindi said...

As I have grown older, I learned to listen more, and speak less!!!...take care! have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

What a great story about the grape stem. Shows how we all need each other to remain strong and to grow. I hope your Friday is a good day and that you have a wonderful weekend. You have certainly earned it.

Sonya said...

Nice post...hope your day is a good one.

scrappy quilter said...

Someone said, they've learnt to listen more and speak less. As I've gotten older I found I'm the same way. My words USE to be careless, now I give them much thought before speaking. You can never take the words back that come out of your mouth. It's not an easy thing for me to do at times, however it has gotten much easier with age.

Sandra said...

Im always worried that I don't say the right thing, I hope just being there and giving someone a hug is understood because usually that is all I can do. I almost have to be hit on the head or downright asked to do something before I catch on.
Sandra