It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 23, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 23, Book 09

Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. It is a choice based on the knowledge that we belong to God and have found in God our refuge and our safety and that nothing, not even death, can take God away from us. Joy is the experience of knowing that you are unconditionally loved and that nothing--sickness, failure, emotional distress, oppression, war, or even death--can take that love away

Henri Nouwen

TODAY’S PROVERB

She does not worry about her family when it snows,
Because they all have fine clothes to keep them warm

Proverbs 31: 21

GOOD MORNING !

I do hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start a new week. We are blessed every morning with a new day and what we do with that day can either make it a good one or a bad one.

The proverb for today suits me to a T. I don’t worry about my children. I care about them very much and sometimes become concerned about them, but do not worry. They do have fine clothing to keep them warm. They are all blessed with good jobs and are sometime more self sufficient than what I’d like them to be.

Growing up wasn’t easy for them. Money was always at a premium at our house with a large family to provide for. But there was always lots of love to share. They had what they needed and any luxuries they provided by working as soon as they were able. I would have loved to have given them more, but sometimes I think it is what made them into the responsible, caring individuals that they are.

The other thing and most important is that they were taught about how to trust in God for their wants and needs. From an early age on we always taught them about our faith and I like to think that is something that is continuing to be a source of strength in their lives too.

So much has happened in our family over the years that without the faith we have we wouldn’t have the strong ties that have bound us together. The old saying that a family that prays together stays together is so true.

I’m only a prayer away, I always say. Now that being a mom is no longer something that involves taking care of my children, I do pray for them and let the good Lord take over. He always does a much better job than I could have anyway.


BLESSING FOR TODAY

As you slide down the banister of life,
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

‘On Ya’-ma





7 comments:

Hollie said...

You do have a wonderful family! I love the "Blessing for today!" I hope you have a wonderful day!

LYN said...

VERY GOOD ADVICE!

Cindi said...

;) have a great day...

scrappy quilter said...

AWESOME advice. I truly believe joy is what we make it.

Sybil said...

Thank you as always MA for your lovely words for us to live by.
I do love the liitle girl with her basket of primroses X
Much Love sybil xx

Joyce said...

You always give the best advice...and I always listen...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Sonya said...

Hope your day is a good one. If you read my journal entry...I have written about blogging. I don't say out loud who my favorite 7 blogs are that I've bookmarked - but you are on of the 7! The rest of the blogs that I follow and that I love (each and every one) will come after I read the 7, if I can get the time.
Wish I only had to read blogs and comment for a living. lol That would be cool. I've just been on facebook so much that I have had to redo my blogger reading priorities. Have a good one.
Sonya