It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 22, Book 09


Some folks ride the train of life looking out the rear, watching miles of life roll by and marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrances of wasted days gone by, and curse their life for what it was, and hang their head and cry.

But I don’t concern myself with that, I took a different vent, I look foreword to what life holds, and not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine, as securely as I can be, I want to be out on the front, to see what I can see. I want to feel the winds of change, blowing in my face, I want to see what life unfolds, as I move place to place.

I want to see what’s coming up, not looking in the past, life’s too short for yesterdays, It moves along too fast. So if the ride gets bumpy, while you are looking back, go up front, and you may find your life has jumped the track. It’s all right to remember, that’s part of history, but up front’s where it’s happening, there’s so much mystery. The enjoyment of living, is not where we have been, It’s looking ever forward to another year and ten. It’s searching all the byways, never should you refrain, for if you want to live your life, you gotta drive the train.



TODAY’S PROVERB

Someone who is laughing may be sad inside
And joy may end in sadness.

Proverbs 14:13


GOOD MORNING!

Today’s proverb is full of wisdom.
Life is complex and we must often live with mixed feelings. There is often a thin line between joy and sadness.

People often compare life to a roller coaster of hills and valleys, but actually life is more like two rails on a railroad track. One rail represents the good and positive in your life; the other represents the bad and painful in your life.
You’ll always have both at the same time! There will always be something good and something bad happening in your life. We can’t expect everything to be good for one month and then everything to be bad the next month. There’s always a mixture of both, a blending of both bitter and sweet
Every adult who has lived a normal life, lives with hurts most of the time. We may cover them up, but we still have them. Sometimes we have learned to live with them, and other times we ignore or bury them.
Both sadness and joy provide opportunities for growth and we can often overcome our sadness with joy.
We can pray about our difficulties, and share them with someone who is kind; but I’ve found my worry and anxiety is often dispelled best by my faith and trust in God.

We can choose the focus of our hearts. The more Joy you choose, the less of your past you carry along with you. Even through difficulties we can smile if we have confidence in the one handling them.

As always I’ll be off to church today and will be praying for all of you.
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

‘On Ya’-ma


BLESSING FOR TODAY

May God protect you…From scary nights,from hasty flights;
From too much food,from a somber mood;
From ringing bells,from self-made hells;
From sickish pains,from dishonest gains;
From excessive needs,from tricky deeds;
From foolish quarrels,from resting on laurels;
From silly fears,from idle tears;
From forgotten lines,And from all bad times
By Fr. Andrew Greeley


The constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness.
You have to catch it yourself

Ben Franklin



8 comments:

Hollie said...

I want to be up front strapped to the engine too. I want to see where I'm going not where I've been. Wonderful entry, as always! I hope you have a blessed day!

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Nice entry :o)

A agree that we always have challenges and opportunities, and how we react determines whether we grow from the experience.

Linda said...

What a great entry. So very true that we live with both bitter and sweet at the same time. Linda

Sybil said...

Let me be in the front seat !! Yes please,,,
Thank you as always for such wonderful words Ma.
Been at church this mroning and like you was thining and praying for all my distant and much loved friends,
Love sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

Great entry. I don't like looking behind me unless there is a lesson I haven't learnt yet. I too want to see where I'm going.

More wonderful words of wisdom.

Joann said...

What a great entry!! LOVED the poem, and loved your words of wisdom. All so true!!

Janie said...

Nice entry. TY for sharing. Hope you had a blessed day. Tomorrow is a work day for you :( hope things go well and the time goes by fast there for you. lol Blessings, Jaie

Ally Lifewithally said...

Great entry as always ~ Ally x