It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 19, 2009



A little story for you today…
One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a sign by his feet, that read: "I am blind, please help." A creative publicist was walking by the blind man and stopped to observe that the man only had a few coins in his hat.
He put a few of his own coins in the hat, and without stopping to ask for permission, took the sign, turned it around, and wrote a new message. He then placed the sign by the feet of the blind man, and left. Later that afternoon the creative publicist returned by the blind man and noticed that his hat was almost completely full of bills and coins.
The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had changed his sign? He also wanted to know what the man wrote on it? The publicist replied: "I just changed your message so people could relate to it."
He wished the man well, said goodbye, and went on his way. The blind man didn't know it, but his new sign now read:

"TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT"
The Moral of the Story:
1. CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY WHEN THINGS AREN'T WORKING.
2. HAVE FAITH THAT YOUR CHANGE WILL BE FOR THE BEST.
Author Unknown


TODAY’S PROVERB


The sweet smell of perfume and oils is pleasant
And so is good advice from a friend

Proverbs 27:9


GOOD MORNING !


Sometimes we have friends that we don’t even know about. I call them angels for sure. To be so thoughtful as to think of something good to do for another I think they must be angels.

I’ve been helped so many times by people that I don’t really know and have been truly surprised at the kindness in the world. When everything seems to be it’s darkest that is just when the light starts to shine through again.

They do say it is always the darkest before the dawn.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and I, like many, have been waiting for this day for a long long time. Our weather has returned to being typical and the days we had of sunshine are a thing of the past for awhile. But I do know there is hope. There will be many more ahead.

It takes just a little sunshine to warm up a cold day, a little warmth can go a long long way.




TODAY’S BLESSING

May you never forget what is worth remembering,

nor ever remember what is best forgotten

Irish Blessing

‘On Ya’- ma


9 comments:

Hollie said...

Such a beautiful story about the blind man. Like you I'm soooo glad that tomorrow is the first day of Spring. I'm ready for everything to spring forth with new life...that's what I love about Spring....rebirth! Have a great day!

Joyce said...

Thank you for the story about the blind man...very nice.
Yes, tomorrow is the first day of Spring...and I am so ready...LOL
The angels are all around us...and we too can be angels to those in need...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Kathy said...

That is a beautiful story. Sounds like you have even less sun than we do here in the winter. Come on Spring...........

scrappy quilter said...

Isn't it nice spring arrives each year. Brings with it all the newness we need after a long winter. New birth...gotta love it. More words of wisdon here. hugs.

Kath said...

To be kind to someone doesn't cost anything Ma.I have always been a kind person and much rather give than receive, even if it's only kindness.We are all waiting for spring it's been a long long winter.Happy to read you have had many deeds of kindness bestowed on you.You so desrve them.Lovely posting amd I love the Blind Mans Story very much.I will comment until Saturday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

I am so looking forward to spring and hopeful we will have some nice warm weather ~ I did enjoy the story about the blind man thanks for sharing it with us ~ Ally x

Janie said...

I read that a long time ago but it is well worth reading again. TY for sharing. It was nice yesterday and then that wind came up and talk about cold last night! Yes, I am ready for spring but I have enjoyed the warm days that we have had. Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Robin said...

WOnderful story, thanks for sharing it with us!

Jan said...

What a lovely story about the blind man and a good srategy there as you say ,hmm lesson learned ,I am so pleased to say farewll to winter and welcome spring ,have a lovely day ..love Jan xx