It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 09


Your last chapters can be your best.
Your final song can be your greatest
It could be that all your life has prepared you for a grand exit.
God’s oldest has always been among his choicest.

Max Lucado


PROVERB FOR TODAY

Young men glory in their strength
And old men are honored for their gray hair

Proverbs 20:29

Good Morning !

I look in the mirror these days and see that my smile lines do not fade when I stop smiling. I see and feel evidence of getting older every day. I may have another 20 good years or 5…we just never know. But the truth is we will all get older. Our lives will not last forever.

When we are young it seems time will go on forever. I remember thinking that way. I rarely thought of growing older or the plans that I should make for doing so. But we do need to make those plans. Thankfully, I’m at a point in my life where debt is not a burden for me, I have what I need and my children are all grown and very self sufficient.

I don’t feel like I’m ‘over the hill’ with no plans for the future. I find that most of the time I’m just looking forward to doing those things I never have time to do while I’m at work. I am hopeful that the coming chapters in my book will be filled with some of the greatest times of my life.

Today is a new page, and it’s going to be filled with wonderful things.
I hope your day is too!


TODAY’S BLESSING

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring
the best to you and yours!
Irish Blessing


'On Ya'- ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I hope you are able to do all of those things you want to do for many, many, many years! Beautiful entry! I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Hugs

Linda said...

I remember thinking that I would never get older too! But I guess we do all get there. I hope you have a great day. Linda

Sugar said...

i recall never thinking of getting old, it just never entered my mind...i'd be young & healthy forever. lol
but time changes everything, all we can do is roll with the punches. loved your post today (actually i love most of them)
wishing you many many yrs of doing all the things you'd like.
huggies...

Kathy said...

You are right, we do all get older and it sure beats the alternative. I hope you get to do all those things you want to with your spare time for many many years.

Kelly said...

You have the right attitude and outlook on things, and that puts you way ahead of so many folks. I only know of one way to stop getting older every day, and that isnt an option for me, so I will just stick to the plan and keep moving forward day by day. :) Hugs, Kelly

Joyce said...

I remember those thoughts of never getting older, well. Time does change things, but your heart can always be young!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Kath said...

I cannot believe where the years have gone Ma,I never thought of getting old.I too hope there are many more years ahead for us both.I certainly have so much still to see and do.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Carlene Noggle said...

HOW WELL I REMEMBER WISHING I WOULD HURRY UP AND TURN 18 AND BE 'LEGAL'! LOL LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT IT WAS ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE...SEEMED ONLY A LITTLE BIT AND I WAS IN MY 5'S ! LOL
GOD BLESS,
LOVE YA,.
CARLENE