It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 17, Book 09


Top of the mornin' to you.....(and the rest of the day to 'me self!)

Women
There are 3 billion women who don't look like super models and only eight who do.Did you know Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14?
If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all FOURS due to her proportions!
The average woman weighs 144 pounds, and wears between a size 12-14.
One out of every 4 college-aged women has an eating disorder.
The Models in the magazines are AIRBRUSHED!!! - NOT Perfect!!
A psychological study in 1995 found that 3 minutes spent looking at a Fashion Magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty and SHAMEFUL!
Models 20 years ago weighed 8% Less than the average Woman.
Today they weigh 23% less.
Beauty of a Woman . . . .
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows.
The beauty of a woman
With time, only grows..


PROVERB FOR TODAY

She is strong and is respected by the people.
She looks forward to the future with joy.

Proverbs 31:25


GOOD MORNING!

I’ve been delving in to studying these Proverbs I’ve been giving you each day and I find them fascinating. Doing any kind of Bible study online is easy as there is a lot of information out there. As in all things you have to be careful on the internet as some sites are just not good at all, we do have to use caution.

Here again I find that different translations read differently on this verse. One I read said that ‘She can laugh at the days to come’.

I think if we have prepared well for our future, no matter what may happen we can do just that. No matter what happens to me tomorrow I have nothing to regret and can only be thankful for each day ahead. It is not expressive of a presumptuous self-confidence but only of a consciousness of having all appropriate and possible preparation and competence for the future

She can laugh at the future because she knows that the future cannot hurt her. She has made provision for the future, to the best of her ability and because of her trust in God, she knows that she can face the future with great confidence and optimism.

We do not know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future


TODAY’S BLESSING

May God Be With You


May God be with you and bless you,

May you see your children's children,

May you be poor in misfortune,

rich in blessings.

May you know nothing but happiness

From this day forward.

May God bless you

on this special day and always!

‘On Ya’-ma

Trouble hates nothing as much as a smile.

Irish Proverb


7 comments:

Jeannette said...

Thank you for the blessing. A happy St. Patrick's Day to you my friend.

Hollie said...

Good Morning! That was very interesting about women. I hope you have a wonderful day today. It's finally quit raining here, but it's cold this morning.

Sugar said...

Happy St Pat's to ya!
Huggies...

Ally Lifewithally said...

Thanks for the blessing ~ May you also have A Happy and blessed St. Patrick's Day ~ Ally x

Kath said...

Eyes always tell a story Ma.I hope you have enjoyed singing:- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling Today and I hope your eyes find plenty to smile about too.Thankyou for your St Patricks Day Blessing.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I love it, she can laugh at the future. Another great post.
Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.

Janie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short! lol) I wonder how tall the average person is? lol I am 5 ft 1 inch the last time I measured.. but with age I bet I am close to 5 foot now. I look pretty heafty in a size 12. hehe That was a good read. Jesus sure does make a difference with tomorrow. Hope you had a blessed day. God Bless, Janie