It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 15, Book 09


Simple Friend vs. Real Friend
A Simple Friend has never seen you cry.
A Real Friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
A Simple Friend doesn't know your parent's first names.
A Real Friend has their phone numbers in his/her address book.
A Simple Friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A Real Friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean-up.
A Simple Friend hates it when you call after he/she has gone to bed.
A Real Friend asks you why you took so long to call.
A Simple Friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A Real Friend seeks to help you with your problems.
A Simple Friend wonders about your romantic history.
A Real Friend could blackmail you with it.
A Simple Friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A Real Friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.
A Simple Friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A Real Friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.
A Simple Friend expects you to always be there for them.
A Real Friend expects to always be there for you!
PROVERB FOR TODAY
The poor are rejected, even of by their neighbors,
but the rich have many friends

Proverbs 14:20

GOOD MORNING!
It could be that I’m doomed to having no friends. I consider my self rich in only those things that cannot be bought with money.

Solomon’s sad observation of human selfishness is about men who are friendly for what they can get from others. Even a poor man’s neighbors hate him, because he is of no use to them in getting ahead. But a rich man, no matter what his character or conduct, has more friends than he can use
The measure of a person is his soul, character, and conduct, not his wealth. The way the world judges success is often in what possessions we own, how we dress and what we have in our bank accounts.

This proverb is not teaching what should be, but rather what is common
It is a warning against measuring by assets, rather than character
Some one can have all the money in the world and not have a good moral fiber. We really do need to be careful about who our friends are and why we have chosen them for friends.
I think of the people who read this journal as friends. The ones that care and leave comments aren’t doing so because of what they can get from me. Family and friends alike are a blessing to me every day.

Today’s Blessing


May the sun shine, all day long,

everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!

Be a friend.
You don't need money;
Just a disposition sunny;
Just the wish to help another
Get along some way or other;
Just a kindly hand extended
Out to one who's un-befriended;
Just the will to give or lend,
This will make you someone's friend.
Be a friend. You don't need glory.
Friendship is a simple story.
Pass by trifling errors blindly,
Gaze on honest effort kindly,
Cheer the youth who's bravely trying,
Pity him who's sadly sighing;
Just a little labor spend
On the duties of a friend.
Be a friend. The pay is bigger
(Though not written by a figure)
Than is earned by people clever
In what's merely self-endeavor.
You'll have friends instead of neighbors
For the profits of your labors;
You'll be richer in the end
Than a prince, if you're a friend.
Edgar Guest

'On Ya'-ma

10 comments:

Jan said...

Oh Bless you dear friend what a lovely 'sensible 'entry have a blessed Sunday ..love Jan xx

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Loved this post......made me realize what my BFF from high school realllly means to me...

Have a great day.....LindaMay

Rose said...

This was wonderful........I love my BFF and I love my Internet Friends......I'm blessed!

Hugs, Rose

Ora said...

Lovely blog today...and yes friends are wonderful...and I have many many here on the internet..but sad to say...none close by where I live just now!! happy day to ya...hugs from Ora

Sybil said...

I truly do not know what people do who have no friends...We hear so much these days about neighbours who are so "self" that they are no longer "neighbours" and so come the day when a Friend is needed where are they to be found.
I pray that all who need a friend can find one.
Thank you Ma for being a friend to me.
Love sybil x

Kath said...

I have lost many friends this last few yrs Ma (bereaved).I too spend much time alone.Friends mean more than any riches everytime.Thankyou for your inspriational words today.Goodnight Dear Friend.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Melanie said...

Great post today ma....so true!!



Melanie

Janie said...

So true and ever so sad. Things that money can not buy is what makes us rich. Hope you have had a blessed Sunday. God Bless, Janie

a corgi said...

I loved the comparison between a simple friend and a real friend; very good insightful entry today, Ma! enjoy the week ahead

betty

Pat said...

A trite, but true, adage is,
"To have a friend, be one".
I do not work hard enough at
being one but I am trying more.
As one ages, they realize the
true value of having friends.
I value you, my dear Ma. Pat