It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 14, Book 09



God put you here for a reason and hating yourself isn’t a part of it. You are a Child of God. You are a being of light. You are a creator of happiness. You are a smiling messenger of goodness. You were created in love, by love, and to love. Like who you are then, love who you are becoming, and always share that person with the whole world.
Liking Yourself
By Joseph J. Mazzella

PROVERB FOR TODAY


Charm can fool you, and beauty can trick you,
But a woman who respects the Lord should be praised.

Proverbs 31:30

GOOD MORNING !

As you see I am now in Proverbs 31 which tells us much about how a woman should act. As it is only the middle of March and I still have many days of Proverbs yet to share, I’ll be back tracking abit as we go along. I should have really started with this one as it is so important.

I got to sleep in this morning and enjoyed it very much. It’s still very cold but they say we should warm up. The good coffee helps to take the chill off for sure.
The day will be one of those ordinary ones with things to do around the house and I need to catch up as last weekend nothing got done.

TODAY'S BLESSING


May you alway walk in sunshine.

May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings
right beside your door


‘On Ya’-ma

Looking for and enjoying beauty is another way to nourish the soul. The universe is in the habit of making beauty. There are flowers and songs, snowflakes and smiles, acts of great courage, laughter between friends, a job well done, the smell of fresh-baked bread. Beauty is everywhere, ready to nourish the soul. It must only be seen to begin helping us.

Matthew Fox


10 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Your post each day is always an encouragement, whether it's a proverb, a quote or your own words. Thank you for being you, for sharing from your heart.

Jan said...

GREAT quotes ,There is something comforting about an ordinary day ,enjoy yours ..love Jan xx day

Pat said...

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday. Your encouraging posts
are a great way for me to start
my day. I hope this posts as I
have a hard time posting a comment
on your blog for some reason. Just
know that I am still here reading.
Hugs and prayers, Pat

Janie said...

I bet it felt ever so good to get to sleep in later this morning. I have so much to get caught up on in the house. I just seem to have more energy when the weather is warm. Gary said it is going to be a beautiful day. I had planned on cleaning in the house.. but I might end up out in the garage if it is pretty. A good excuse. lol Hope you have a blessed day. Janie

Kath said...

Yes a good cup of coffee does take the chill off things Ma.It's been very cold here today with perishing winds Brrr.Mines been a busy day today as usual.Learning lots from the proverbs you are sharing.Have a lovely week/end.Don't go doing too much.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

I love reading your blog ~ It is always so calm and comforting ~ Ally x

Lainey Laine said...

Great catching up with you and seeing all your photos. Glad you had a lovely birthday. My mum was 65 in February we had a family do! I dont think she was very happy about being 65 though! Lots of love to you. Laine xxxxx

Ora said...

Hope your Saturday is all that you hope it to be and that you get much rest...always nice to sleep in isn't it...kinda like being on a one morning vacation time...LOL..your words of encouragement again just make the day so much better...thanks...hugs...Ora in KY

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Ma,
i so needed your warm words tonight...Thank you for always making me feel nbetter.
love,
carlene

a corgi said...

I like Proverbs 31; I used to think I could never be that Proverbs 31 woman, and I can't on some things, but those that I can I try to do them the best I can

I loved the first part of your entry; we need to constantly remember who we are in the Lord's eyes....we get so wrapped up in the world and our own flesh and then we get attacked by the enemy, but we just need to be secure in the fact of how much we are loved by the Lord

glad you got to sleep in today Ma; always a good thing!

enjoy Sunday

betty