It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 09




Plan carefully, and then be willing to occasionally diverge from those plans. There can be great value in what you were not expecting
Ralph Marston


PROVERB FOR TODAY
Don’t brag about tomorrow
You don’t know what may happen then.
Proverbs 27:1

GOOD MORNING !
Every day of our lives we have plans that we hope to fulfill. Maybe today is the day to get some shopping done, or to take a trip, or just to clean the house, but one telephone call can change all the plans we have. I’ve had my plans change so many times that I cannot tell you how many.
It is good to make plans but it is also good to be prepared at any given moment to change those plans. The hard part is dealing with each and every moment the best way possible.
By letting go of our plans and changing course in a positive way we not only can help our selves but often help others too.
Today is the day that we have for sure. This moment right now is what we are sure of and making the moments count is the only way to live. Being in the moment we begin to see things we might have missed otherwise.
Today I’m off to work, next year I hope to retire…I don’t know what will happen in between, but today is going to be a good one!

I hope your day is a great one too!

BLESSING FOR TODAY

For each petal on the shamrock.

This brings a wish your way

Good health, good luck, and happiness

For today and every day.

‘On Ya’-ma


Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending

Author Unknown



11 comments:

Hollie said...

That's so true...you never know from one moment to the next. It just pays to be ready. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindi said...

"planning" exhausts me...lol

Ora said...

If I can find anything good about "growing older"...notice I said older...not OLD!!! LOL..is the fact that even tho I may have plans for the day...I can change them in the blink of an eye..because those that were so dependent upon me at the time...are just that...dependent upon their OWN time now...I am free as a bird...the mundane things of each day will be there later...and well maybe I will too..but if something better shows up...I am ready to go...when are you coming by...LOL...give me ten minutes to powder my nose...LOLOL..happy day to ya MA...hugs..Ora in KY

Jan said...

My Mum used to say 'man plans, God profisies'(sp)...have a really nice day ..love Jan xx

scrappy quilter said...

That is so true. I love the planning part...don't particular like the changing part at times and yet the changing usually is for the better.

Linda :) said...

Some days it seems your entries were made just for me, lol...
we had several phone calls detere the evening last night....
I'm so glad that you have a potential date for retirement and it's getting so close to camping time and Spring....
Have a great day! :)

Kathy said...

Here's to nothing interupting your plans to retire next year.

Janie said...

So true! TY for sharing. Hope your day is going well. Just 2 more days for you! Blessings, Janie

JCWillow99@gmail.com..( Cassie) said...

I hope none of your plans to retire or go to your camper are interupted.
You deserve a good long rest.

Kath said...

So at last we know when you plan to retire Ma.You can bet your bottom dollar if I plan anything at all something comes along to change it.I don't like change but at times we have to accept it.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

a corgi said...

I'm glad you are thinking about retiring next year, Ma; I know that you will be looking forward to that time; I like what you said about planning; that is so true and the Lord reminds us several times in his word about sometimes the futility of making plans

its Friday!

betty