It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chapter 3, Page 11, Book 09



When you can't have what you want,
it's time to start wanting what you have

Kathleen A. Sutton


PROVERB FOR TODAY

Don’t wear your self out trying to get rich
Be wise enough to control your self
Wealth can vanish in the wink of an eye
It can seem to grow wings
And fly away like an eagle.

Proverbs 23:4-5


GOOD MORNING !

It’s Over the Hump Day once again. Sometimes is seems like a mighty hard climb to get to the other end of the week. I got my hair cut last night after work so maybe that will help to perk me up. It’s been growing really fast lately. The gal that cuts my hair said that was a sign of Spring. Spring and Summer is when hair grows the fastest. I’m always learning something new every day.

I saw that my paycheck had a few extra bucks in it this week. That is because of the government’s new stimulus plan to help us all out. Fewer tax dollars came out of my check. The extra $$ did not even pay for half my hair cut so in my case the economy is not going to start booming over what I get.

My first Friday vacation day is now just a little over a month away and I am looking forward to it. We may possibly camp before then but just for the 2 day weekend. Of course the first few days of opening up the camper will be work, but I’ll love it. We will have lots of leaves to rake away that were blown there during November and December I’m sure and I’ll have the job of cleaning the inside of the camper really good to make it all fresh and sanitized once more after sitting all winter long too. I’m really hoping that I had no winter visitors. Those tiny little brown things called mice had a grand vacation there the past year and I didn’t invite them back.

Chances are that I’ll be ‘on the beach’ most of today. In my mind only. When things aren’t just quite the way I want them I often take a trip and the grand thing is that no one else knows why I’m sitting at my desk and smiling.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!



These things, I warmly wish for you

Someone to love, some work to do,
A bit of o' sun, a bit o' cheer.
And a guardian angel always near

'On Ya' - ma

Learn to pause ... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you

Doug King






11 comments:

Hollie said...

I know you will enjoy being back at the camper.....it sounds like heaven on Earth. I hope you have a great day at the beach!

Kath said...

I had no idea Hair grew quicker at these times of year either ma.The little visitors you mention have been happy this winter in my Daughters MIL's camper.They visited it last weeknd just to check and she was shocked.They just bought it last October at the end of the season.They sure seem to know where to hide and keep warm.Her MIL was cleaning it all weekend, Daughter told me this morning when she visited.I hope the climb to the end of the week isn't too hard for you.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Jan said...

Wont it be lovely when you all go off to the Camper again ,then we will know Spring/summer is really here ,...have a lovely day on the beach lol ..love Jan xx

Joyce said...

I look forward to your back to the camper entries...and how relaxed you become...that is so nice you have that place in your life. I hope to see a few extra dollars in hubbies paycheck too...enjoy your midweek..hugs and love,
Joyce

scrappy quilter said...

It'll be so nice when you can go off to the camper. I too had no idea your hair grew faster in the spring and summer. Isn't it great we can always learn something new. Have a super Wed.

Kelly said...

Oh yes, the beach...I will often visit some of the beach cams online to get a glimpse of what I am missing. I guess I like to torture myself...lol. I am hoping we will be able to actually go to the beach this year. You have a good day now, Hugs, Kelly

Sandra said...

I was wondering why my hair seemed to be growing faster...seems I just got it cut and needs it again. Dreaming of the beach sounds great.... you will soon be there. at least we can expect it if things are the same as before. Enough of global warming, we are having global cooling here
Sandra

Linda :) said...

My week so far was easy with Monday and Wednesday off but then my week starts with working the next six days... :)
so exciting almost camping time!
and look at the ocean how pretty, can you smell that salt air, watch out for the seagulls.... :)
Enjoy!

Janie said...

lol So true about wanting things. lol Sometimes I have spells of wanting things when I really don't need anymore things. My things don't cost as much as my husbands toys.. like tractors and such. lol Hope you have a blessed week and bet you are really looking forward to spring. Sounds like fun to me.
:) Blessings, Janie

Sybil said...

I am glad that other people have the imagination to go visit the beach or other places they love and just sit there and feel the air..I find myself often in New Zealand..although 1000s. of miles from my friends lovely deck where I have spent many hours just leeting the sun and sea breeze wash over me...there I go I'm away again LOL
Have a lovely weekend Ma, You are truly much blesed,
Love Sybil xx

a corgi said...

that's neat that the first of your 3-day weekends is just around the corner, almost in sight! something to look forward to for sure!! I do hope no unwanted visitors invaded your trailor space!

betty